Why bother?

AndyMan

Threads
Cleared out the driveway, with the help of the boys. Put away the snowblower. Went inside. Started the fire. Walked out to the driveway. It was already blown shut with snow.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cleared out the driveway, with the help of the boys. Put away the snowblower. Went inside. Started the fire. Walked out to the driveway. It was already blown shut with snow.

I get the same feeling in the spring when the grass is growing like wildfire, my yard is so huge that by the time I get it all cut it's time to start again.....:laughing::laughing::thumbdown:

SallyA

Threads
I got the same feeling this winter. The need to clear the drive after getting it clear didn't happen quite that fast, but it snowed at least once a week. It seems like I spent the entire winter clearing the drive.

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
How frustrating! We've been pretty lucky where I live so I haven't had to deal with much snow at all, but I better not say that because I may cause it to happen:ashamed:

rekees

Threads

As a general rule I don't attempt clearing until it stops snowing and the wind stops blowing. Just a waste of time to do otherwise.

LandN

Threads

I prefer to clean the drive often, rather than all at once. my hand made 4' wide pusher will clean up to 3" of light snow in 5min. or less,plus i enjoy being outside anyway 'almost' regardless of weather conditions.in fact yesterday i fired up the outside grill and cooked breakfast outdoors yum,yum.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I prefer to clean the drive often, rather than all at once. my hand made 4' wide pusher will clean up to 3" of light snow in 5min. or less,plus i enjoy being outside anyway 'almost' regardless of weather conditions.in fact yesterday i fired up the outside grill and cooked breakfast outdoors yum,yum.

I agree with you, it's better to clear snow in stages before it gets too deep to handle comfortably.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
As a general rule I don't attempt clearing until it stops snowing and the wind stops blowing. Just a waste of time to do otherwise.

Look at the pic BGC posted under "I hate it when this happens" well that is what happens sometimes when you wait to clear the white stuff.

Tractor John

Forum Newbie
Threads

If it was up to me every one would have a snowmobile and/or snowcat and the hell with the snow.