Who's ready for spring?

Bomba

Threads
Bomba,
United States Department of Housing and Urban Development(Government agency that oversees home mortgage lending practices and homes that mortgages are defaulted on).

Thank you DJ. I am an Irishman living in Georgia. Forgive my ignorance.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you DJ. I am an Irishman living in Georgia. Forgive my ignorance.

Bomba,
Not a problem....welcome to the Good Ole USA!!! I have a sister who lives in White, GA and works in Cartersville. BTW, "lack of knowledge" and "ignorance" are two completely different things:0)
Based upon your posts I've read...you are far from "ignorant"!!

Bomba

Threads
Bomba,
Not a problem....welcome to the Good Ole USA!!! I have a sister who lives in White, GA and works in Cartersville. BTW, "lack of knowledge" and "ignorance" are two completely different things:0)
Based upon your posts I've read...you are far from "ignorant"!!

Ha! You are a well spoken gentleman yourself. Thanks for making me feel at home. I've been here for 6.5 years and I married a good ole southern gal! Oh yes I know Cartersville and White, I pass them on the way to Atlanta from here.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ha! You are a well spoken gentleman yourself. Thanks for making me feel at home. I've been here for 6.5 years and I married a good ole southern gal! Oh yes I know Cartersville and White, I pass them on the way to Atlanta from here.

Yeah, those Southern Belles are hard to resist...I married one 33 years ago!! We are retiring the end of this year and I've always been fascinated with Ireland and would love to visit there(if we can afford a trip like that). I'd also like to visit Europe and Australia as well, but our first priority will be to camp in our RV in every State in the contiguous U.S.(we've only camped in 7 thus far, so that'll be a huge undertaking). Do you ever visit the "homeland"?? What would you estimate a round trip, a week of lodging and some spending money to enjoy a week's visit to be($2,000....$3,000.....etc.)?

Bomba

Threads
Yeah, those Southern Belles are hard to resist...I married one 33 years ago!! We are retiring the end of this year and I've always been fascinated with Ireland and would love to visit there(if we can afford a trip like that). I'd also like to visit Europe and Australia as well, but our first priority will be to camp in our RV in every State in the contiguous U.S.(we've only camped in 7 thus far, so that'll be a huge undertaking). Do you ever visit the "homeland"?? What would you estimate a round trip, a week of lodging and some spending money to enjoy a week's visit to be($2,000....$3,000.....etc.)?

Companies offer packages including all of the above in one price which often work out cheaper than just the flight. I'm thinking $4000 for everything. Sometimes it's cheaper to go for more than a week. I'm going to the old country in July. I go back once every two years. I love it. It's a mystical and beautiful island. There's something in the air and in the people. I would love to travel around this country in an RV!

Bomba

Threads
Companies offer packages including all of the above in one price which often work out cheaper than just the flight. I'm thinking $4000 for everything. Sometimes it's cheaper to go for more than a week. I'm going to the old country in July. I go back once every two years. I love it. It's a mystical and beautiful island. There's something in the air and in the people. I would love to travel around this country in an RV!

That is $4000 for both of you.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is $4000 for both of you.

That ain't really that bad!!!! When our son was a Senior in High School(1999) we did one of those "all inclusive" week-long trips to Aruba. It was about half that much for the three of us. I'll have to check with some of the area travel agencies to see if any of them have some decent packages to Ireland!! We also want to do an Alaskan Cruise, but the cruise lines won't allow me on board with my Segway(Electric "Zero Turn" Human Transporter). I'm a Polio survivor and suffer from Post-Polio Syndrome where I can only walk about two city blocks before severe muscle fatigue sets in on what used to be the "strong leg"(the one with the leg muscle unaffected by Polio). It has carried double the load and done double the work for over 60 years and the muscle system in it is like 120 years old. My wife bought me the Segway in 2004 and it has "changed my life"!!! I can stand on it and "glide for miles" without suffering any muscle fatigue. At least Obama FINALLY approved the revisions to the Americans With Disabilities Act that now specifically recognizes the Segway as a "mobility assistive device". I am ready to go head-to-head with the cruise lines now, because the law is on my side!! I would NOT enjoy a cruise(those ships are like a small city) if I had to leave my Segway at the dock.....that ain't gonna happen!!

Bomba

Threads
That ain't really that bad!!!! When our son was a Senior in High School(1999) we did one of those "all inclusive" week-long trips to Aruba. It was about half that much for the three of us. I'll have to check with some of the area travel agencies to see if any of them have some decent packages to Ireland!! We also want to do an Alaskan Cruise, but the cruise lines won't allow me on board with my Segway(Electric "Zero Turn" Human Transporter). I'm a Polio survivor and suffer from Post-Polio Syndrome where I can only walk about two city blocks before severe muscle fatigue sets in on what used to be the "strong leg"(the one with the leg muscle unaffected by Polio). It has carried double the load and done double the work for over 60 years and the muscle system in it is like 120 years old. My wife bought me the Segway in 2004 and it has "changed my life"!!! I can stand on it and "glide for miles" without suffering any muscle fatigue. At least Obama FINALLY approved the revisions to the Americans With Disabilities Act that now specifically recognizes the Segway as a "mobility assistive device". I am ready to go head-to-head with the cruise lines now, because the law is on my side!! I would NOT enjoy a cruise(those ships are like a small city) if I had to leave my Segway at the dock.....that ain't gonna happen!!

As long as that Segway can get you to a pub and onto an Irish bar stool you'll be in one of the best atmospheres on this earth. One of my friends on Ireland had polio.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
As long as that Segway can get you to a pub and onto an Irish bar stool you'll be in one of the best atmospheres on this earth. One of my friends on Ireland had polio.

Bomba,
Mmmmmmm, a real Irish Pub!!!! I can just taste the authentic Corned Beef Brisket & Cabbage washed down with some good ale:0)
They have some "imitation" Irish Pubs around the SouthEast, but I doubt they are anything like the real thing.

Bomba

Threads
Bomba,
Mmmmmmm, a real Irish Pub!!!! I can just taste the authentic Corned Beef Brisket & Cabbage washed down with some good ale:0)
They have some "imitation" Irish Pubs around the SouthEast, but I doubt they are anything like the real thing.

Yes, it tastes pretty great! I'm from Tipperary, so I'm a southern boy too lol! We talk funny like y'all. We also have our version of rednecks.