WHO USES A SNOW BLOWER ON THE FRONT OF THEIR MOWER?

gfp55

Threads
  • / WHO USES A SNOW BLOWER ON THE FRONT OF THEIR MOWER?
Does anyone use a snow blower on their mower? If you do tell us about it. What type drive is it ? What size path does it clear (24", 48" etc.) Is it manual lift or what? Do you use weights. Do you like it or is it a pain?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
We get ice in the Ozarks and snow blowing is not always an option.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does anyone use a snow blower on their mower? If you do tell us about it. What type drive is it ? What size path does it clear (24", 48" etc.) Is it manual lift or what? Do you use weights. Do you like it or is it a pain?

I have used a snow blower on the front of a Wheel Horse for years now. The drive from the tractor to the blower is belt driven. The problem I find with this drive is when I get deep snow and snow gets on the belt the belt slips in the drive pulley. The size path is 36 ins. which works out very good. Mine is a hyd. lift. I don't think I would care for the manual lift. This come in handy when taking down large snow banks like out by the road where the town plow fills my driveway. My tractor has wheel weights and tire chains. It has its pros and cons. Big pro is smaller snow banks. Big con it blows snow into my face. I just bought a snow blade for my ATV this summer and going to try that, don't know how it will work out yet?? I will still have by snow blower as a standby.

de dee

Threads

I have a sears craftsman PGT 9,000 tractor with a berco mac 44" snow blower, with 50 lb. Wt. on each wheel, chains are on 23 x 10 1/2 " x 12 " wheels,. motor puts out 28 HP, It is a bit of work to clean and grease the blower after the winter, but the weather is nice in the spring, good to get out then,to take the blower off and install the mower is a couple of days work for me , I am 81 years young,. I had to change to the tractor from a walk behind snow blower , because I cannot keep up to the damn thing , same for the lawn mower power drive, cant walk worth a damn but I can ride all day,. my other toy is a kymco 300i downtown scooter,. enjoyed a little ride of 100 miles today,. :laughing::laughing::laughing: PS. it is a hydro static drive tractor,. the blower has elec. lift,the chute is crank swivel, the swivel cap is elec.up and down,

gfp55

Threads
I have a sears craftsman PGT 9,000 tractor with a berco mac 44" snow blower, with 50 lb. Wt. on each wheel, chains are on 23 x 10 1/2 " x 12 " wheels,. motor puts out 28 HP, It is a bit of work to clean and grease the blower after the winter, but the weather is nice in the spring, good to get out then,to take the blower off and install the mower is a couple of days work for me , I am 81 years young,. I had to change to the tractor from a walk behind snow blower , because I cannot keep up to the damn thing , same for the lawn mower power drive, cant walk worth a damn but I can ride all day,. my other toy is a kymco 300i downtown scooter,. enjoyed a little ride of 100 miles today,. :laughing::laughing::laughing: PS. it is a hydro static drive tractor,. the blower has elec. lift,the chute is crank swivel, the swivel cap is elec.up and down,

Sounds like you have a very nice machine, lots of power, belco makes good stuff. Are you sure its not a 48" snowblower?

mowerman05

Threads
John deere x320 with weights, chains and a snowblower belt driven works great just have to go at a slow speed. Just added a after market tractor cab to the machine this summer but have not had a chance to use it yet, hope it works as good as it looks.

gfp55

Threads
004.jpgI use a 44" 2 stage snow blower, shaft drive, wheel weights frt & rr, loaded tires, hydro lift. Tractor weighs 1500 lbs, blower 250 lbs.

de dee

Threads
Sounds like you have a very nice machine, lots of power, belco makes good stuff. Are you sure its not a 48" snowblower?

my snow blower is a berco,. sears # 700474 northeast 44 " #c151618226 3 44 Canadian numbers,. I think # 700474 is American numbers,. first snow was mostly slush, about I " ,. then it froze, I hit a chunk of ice and it bent the impeller, the impeller jambed ,.and I had to straighten the impeller with a 2x4 and a sledge hammer,. I hope I did not screw up a bearing,. second snow this morning 6 " every thing seems to run well,.so time will tell if I screwed up any thing,.

gfp55

Threads
my snow blower is a berco,. sears # 700474 northeast 44 " #c151618226 3 44 Canadian numbers,. I think # 700474 is American numbers,. first snow was mostly slush, about I " ,. then it froze, I hit a chunk of ice and it bent the impeller, the impeller jambed ,.and I had to straighten the impeller with a 2x4 and a sledge hammer,. I hope I did not screw up a bearing,. second snow this morning 6 " every thing seems to run well,.so time will tell if I screwed up any thing,.

Maybe you post pictures of you blower/thrower. How did things work out, is everything OK?

murph

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Ventrac with a 54" belt driven Blower hydraulic rotation and electric chute.