Who reads the owners/operators manual?

gfp55

Threads
I have always read the owners manual with any machine I have, car/truck/tractor/washer/dryer/pool filter, etc. Great info in a manual. I have a file cabinet just for manuals. I know now you can get them online, but before that the paper manual is good reading so you know how to run your machine right so it will last. "But thats just me"

tbarnett

Threads
I have always read the owners manual with any machine I have, car/truck/tractor/washer/dryer/pool filter, etc. Great info in a manual. I have a file cabinet just for manuals. I know now you can get them online, but before that the paper manual is good reading so you know how to run your machine right so it will last. "But thats just me"

I do the same!

Valtex

Forum Newbie
Threads
I read them, the more expensive the toy, the more thoroughly I read !!

Bob E

Threads

Huh, I do that too. Cell phone manuals are turning into novels though :confused2:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Guess I will be the odd man out again.

I do not read them I already know how to use a mower and make a phone call.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Guess I will be the odd man out again.

I do not read them I already know how to use a mower and make a phone call.

I'm like you, you read one there all basically the same. Generally if I read a manual I do it before I buy the mower and I get instruction from my dealer on all the bells and whistles before leaving the dealership. I do keep all the manuals and receipts in my office in the filing cabinet from all the equipment.

Zeroturner

Threads
Yes, I read them, but I do so in installments.

Why?

Well, as in the case of my Tundra truck manual has the thickness of a big city phone book. This is a lot of information to digest.

So, I'll read a chapter a day or less...and sometimes, I even understand what they're saying, sometime not so much...

As in the case of my Toro manual which was reasonably short, but worded as clear as Chinese algebra.

What did I do to clear up matters?

I called and called and with dogged determination finally got through to a technician. We went over a section of the manual I was confused about. Ultimately, the technician said that section of the manual made no sense at all. He was looking at the same page and paragraph that left us both scratching our heads.

I not only wonder who writes these things, but who proof reads them, or not...?

Nwatson99

Threads
Service part of the manual I read it several times, but that is about all.

Bob E

Threads
Think about how much less traffic places like this would have if people just read their user's manuals.
:laughing:

gfp55

Threads
Think about how much less traffic places like this would have if people just read their user's manuals.
:laughing:

Hello, is anybody out there...................................................................................:confused: