WHO CUTS GRASS FOR FREE AND WHY YOU DO IT?

gfp55

Threads
Does anybody cut grass for free? Not the job you do and can't make a profit. I mean, who cuts grass for the old folks, handicapped, the poor, the folks with the broken lawnmower?

2smoked

Threads
Does anybody cut grass for free? Not the job you do and can't make a profit. I mean, who cuts grass for the old folks, handicapped, the poor, the folks with the broken lawnmower?

Last summer, I cut my neighbor lady's lawn. She did not have long to live and none of her adult kids, including a son who was living with her, would take the time to do it. She really appreciated it and it was never a bother for me because I enjoy cutting grass. Over the winter, I asked her if she wanted me to continue, and she said yes if she was still alive. She died in April and now the house is for sale. No regrets and I learned some lessons about how to approach death. I know this might sound a little deep, but you can learn a lot about life just by mowing a lawn. There is something that I find peaceful about it. It makes you look inside yourself.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
People with good reason, who are not out of my way, and friends who I feel bad for. I mowed my sister in laws place an entire year while she was in anorexia treatment

Retiredcarguy

Threads
I have cut the property of some older folks (much older than I) for four (4) years.
It is always a pleasure for those in need.

fatboy

Threads
My sister Chrissy died from breast cancer. To honor her memory I started Chrissys Helpers. I contacted the local hospital and offered to mow a yard or two for cancer patients. I was given an address and a name of a gentleman suffering through the effects of chemo. Mr. Scott lives on an acre at the edge of a woods. His grass does not grow fast so I mow every third week. When he feels well enough he sits on the porch and watches us mow. He always thanks us and his wife does too. While he appreciates our mowing it is impossible to explain how good it feels inside to donate this time. My business is growing and as it grows I will add more of this giving back in honor of my sister Chrissy

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I noticed a guy trying to cut the 6 acre church lot across the road from me with a jd tractor mower. He looked like he had just got off work and there was a storm coming. I went over and offered to help. He asked me how much I charged to mow. I told him I didn't need anything. I mowed about 2 acres in about 30 minutes and had a flat lol. He offered to pay for the tire repairs, but I wouldn't let him. He was able to finish just before a big rain.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
All are great posts and so very true, I'm sorry for your loss. I've been mowing my in laws, both deceased, 3 acres for 14 years and next door neighbors, in their 80's, for 3 years. I'm just glad I'm able to help.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I mow for several souls that have no means of paying. They paid plenty in their life time. I meticulously weed whack around their head stones too. I apologize for making so much noise but when I'm finished I set there awhile in the peace and quiet since it is about 40 miles from any town and all the noise.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do not have any yards I mow for free right now. Have one I do for a sandwich and a cold drink. Have a few that I do the trimming for. They like to mow but are not able to hold a trimmer.

Some older guys get offended when you offer to cut their grass.
Now I say to them if I see them outside.

I have some free time would you mind if I helped you with the grass cutting.

gfp55

Threads
Last summer, I cut my neighbor lady's lawn. She did not have long to live and none of her adult kids, including a son who was living with her, would take the time to do it. She really appreciated it and it was never a bother for me because I enjoy cutting grass. Over the winter, I asked her if she wanted me to continue, and she said yes if she was still alive. She died in April and now the house is for sale. No regrets and I learned some lessons about how to approach death. I know this might sound a little deep, but you can learn a lot about life just by mowing a lawn. There is something that I find peaceful about it. It makes you look inside yourself.

I think your a good man, thats very big of you. Best Regards