whitetail deer

173abn

Threads
decided to go fishing today ,left the house about 5:30am and about a 1/4 mile down my country rd. I see this big whitetail buck to my left and the next thing I know he's running right in front of my truck and I just miss him by inches.I could hear him kicking up gravel beside me.I almost had venison for supper but I did catch some channel cat. for supper.there are an awful lot of deer around my parts ,I saw signs the other day of poaching.I counted close to a dozen deer in a two mile stretch but some of that is because the're cutting corn now and the deer are eating the corn that isn't picked up by the combine. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your right russ... LOTS of deer here in the south central part of Kansas also...
TOO many, lots of highway accidents. I have always been against poaching, but there needs to be something done with this ever growing deer population, Too many people and too much wild life in a smaller and smaller space...
I've had one run into the side of my van on the open road, If he had been there 6 foot sooner there would have been a good crash.
They are fun to watch AWAY from roadways...:smile:KennyV

Harriet

Threads
I swear they are everywhere-----and voracious critters they are! If you live in deer country, don't plant tulips for spring----they are "deer candy". I tried Forget Me Nots last spring and they didn't touch them.

pollyannasmum

Threads
We have a lot of brown deer here also but they are a small variety. I can't recall what kind but we see them all the time. That's because we live right out in the country and we are surrounded by woods, where they hide, and farmer's fields.