Which Oil Are You Running?

gabowman

Threads
The manual doesnt say anything about brand of oil to use but does recommend changing it at 8 hrs. (new machine). So....which Brand and weight oil are you guys running in your Kawasaki motors? BTW, mine is the FX730V motor.

Boudreaux

Threads
Homeowner here. I look forward to reading future posts on this subject. I recently purchased a Scag Cheetah (6'1", 31 Kawasaki). Scag's manual as well, only indicates oil weights, and not brands.

The manual also mentions "10w30 may allow the unit to consume more oil". SO, like many others, I'm very curious to see which brands of oil may serve me best....

In addition to the OP's question.

"DO YOU USE 10w30 OILS"...??? Do you know of someone who's mower is consuming oil.

:biggrin: :cool: :biggrin:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
10w 30 sometimes 10w 40 currently because I got it on sale I use valvoleen high milage 10w30. But have had good luck with all brands of oils including store brands.

Use recommend type and change regular any will be fine

possum

Threads
About everything I have from the stringtrimmer to my truck runs on Sopus stuff the last few years and I have no complaints. I do run a little Mobil and have always liked it. Over the years I have ran a bunch of different brands and all of them were just fine. I would doubt the brand will make you any difference. I would run the weight and grade the book calls for as long as the engine is under warranty. Then if you want to run something different that would be the time to try. KennyV likes the HDEO synthetics in his stuff. Ric likes the Mobil 5000.

Lohman mows lawns

Threads
The manual doesnt say anything about brand of oil to use but does recommend changing it at 8 hrs. (new machine). So....which Brand and weight oil are you guys running in your Kawasaki motors? BTW, mine is the FX730V motor.

I run jhon Deere oil all my stuff including my Kawi

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I run jhon Deere oil all my stuff including my Kawi

Why pay extra money just because it says John Deere ?

I been running the same oil for years but did just switch from a wix filters to K&N

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Per chance have you read the oil recommendations in the Kawasaki owners manual?
Any quality engine oil SF or later as in SG, SH, SJ, SL------on.
SAE 30 is the best for outside temp ranges 32-95 degrees.
I personally prefer Valvoline products and they are readily available in my area.
75 hours on my new Hustler X-ONE and no oil consumption noticed on the Kawi FX730V, sweet running engine!!!
I strongly recommend using Kawi engine oil filters!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile: