Which Lawn Tractor is the best to buy?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As I said earlier I am biased, but I can tell you that the Toro Z's are well constructed and will work for you very well. They will give you quality service for 10+ years if properly maintained, and maybe longer, each user is different. The only concern I have with them is the Courage engine, which at the present time I cannot back. I have only seen one of the Snapper Z's and cannot say anything good or bad about them.

Ganall

Threads
I got my Cubcadet off Craigslist in wichita for 1500 it's a 2009

canlis

Forum Newbie
Threads
My price range for a new lawn tractor is $1500-$2000. So far I have looked at the John Deere D130(22hp), Husqvarna YTH23v48(23hp), Snapper LT2342(23 hp),Snapper LT2446(24hp),Snapper SPX2042(20hp), Snapper SPX2246(22hp), Snapper RER12.5hp/28"cut, Toro LX423(20hp),Toro LX427(20hp) and Toro LX468(22hp). Have you or anyone else had any experience with either of these brands/models? Based on some research for the sake of convenience, I believe I should concentrate on a tractor with a hydrostatic transmission. However,in terms of engine choices, which is better( Briggs&Stratton Professional Series preferably with V-twin cylinders or a KOHLER Courage)? I was told by a technician that the D100 series John Deeres were designed to last only 4-5 years and if I wanted to get the durability of my old 8hp Snapper RER, I would have to step up to the X300 series which start at $3000. I found that hard to believe and will not pay $3000 for a tractor. In looking at reviews of the other brands, there have been major concerns by consumers with all of them such as transmission/engine, electrical,poor customer support from the manufacturer/retailer to name a few. Therefore, I am confused in which brand/model I should buy given their current costs. Please, if you or anyone else has suggestions, I would truly appreciate your help.

Out of all of the research that I have done based on the good feedback that I have received from all of you, I believe I will purchase a lawn tractor from either Snapper or Simplicity. The Snapper models that I am considering are: Snapper LT2342(23 hp),Snapper LT2446(24hp),Snapper SPX2042(20hp), Snapper SPX2246(22hp). The Simplicity model is the Regent or Regent Ex.It appears the other brands especially if they are sold at both the Big Box/dealer stores and made by MTD, seem to have many reliability/durability problems whereas Snapper/Simplicity tractors seem to hold up better over the long run. Can anyone provide feedback on this based on your experience? Thanks

canlis

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got my Cubcadet off Craigslist in wichita for 1500 it's a 2009

I just received information that Club Cadet offers two new lawn tractors which are dealer only versions which are models LTX 1042 KW(18hp,42",$1799 on website) and LTX 1046 KW (21.5hp,46",$1999 on website). Both of these models have Kawasaki V-Twin engines and Club Cadet has a 3yr/120hr and 5yr/500hr limited warranty on these models. On the surface, this sounds like it might be a good deal. Does anyone have any experience with either of these models and can relate to their reliability/durability? How do you think they would compare to a comparable Simplicity Regent tractor? Thanks

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Interesting to me, but not surprising not a single vote for Craftsman, and I know why after owning a 24 hp Intek which came apart twice due to over heat. But I must say nothing else has failed on the tractor. 400 hours after installing an oil cooler. DYT 4000 model 2004. IMO the rear 3 bagger system overloads and drives the Intek to heat failure. :frown: