Export thread

Which 2 cycle brand do you prefer?

Sharp Cuts Lawn Service

Sharp Cuts Lawn Service

I prefer Redmax, but I just wanna hear which brand y'all prefer, no judgment

StarTech

StarTech

Any that is well maintain most times but I do stay away from Echo line as most are under powered in my opinion.

BTW Redmax is now owned by Husqvarna which does have good products. Many are down on Poulan but a lot of the homeowner Husqvarna equipment are Poulans in Husqvarna colors.

Years ago it was Homelite XLs that I preferred until I got McCullough saws.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I chose redmax due to Husqvarna owning them. And i have never had a problem with Husqvarna equipment, except when it was under the Poulan badges........

R

Rivets

Been using Opti-2 since it came out in everything I own or work on. Have never experienced any problems as of today.

I use Amsoil Saber, friend is a dealer. I haven't had any oil related issues & my 2 strokes run better.
My 2 stroke string trimmer is Shindaiwa, but wasn't a choice for that, so I voted for Echo, & do have their PB-250 blower.

I

ILENGINE

The think the best option would be what ever brand that you have dealer support for. No Redmax in my area, so would have to go with Echo.

I agree, I used Echo Power blend for a few years, long ago, my exhaust ports & screens were getting blocked up. So I tried the Amsoil.

J

jagg2236

None ! They stink, smoke, Their a PITA to start. Bigger PITA mixing gas/oil & keeping track of the cans via ratio's. The one improvement some made is the electric start with a drill

R

rustycat

I've always had homelite but my machines are all almost 30 years old. I have an edger, a blower and a string trimmer. All of them work great and are all original. Don't know how the newer ones are put together.

F

fixit1ddh

Echo since early 70's. But no more as parts support is a 0 for them. Now I just buy cheap stuff. And they may outlive Me.

L

Lyndmc

Ever since my 2 stroke dirt bike days, and seeing the very little wear on the bore, low smoke, and no splatter, I ran Amsoil Sabre.

R

rustycat

Now everything is going cordless battery powered. The batteries we have now are much better than before and don't cost a fortune to replace.

R

rustycat

I still have my 1984 lawn boy mower that still runs great. I have used the same oil mix in every one of my machines mower, snowthower, trimmer without any problems.

L

Lyndmc

And be sure to throw some StarTron in with whatever oil mix that you use. That’s good stuff IMO. Buy the concentrated version, one bottle lasts forever.

R

rustycat

do they even makeTwo strokes anymore?

B

billypumper

Use to use Echo, but switched to all Stihl, 4 saws, 1 hedge trimmer, Kombi setup with pole saw and tiller, not much trimming so went to an electric Stihl trimmer, have 3 batteries, use Stihl pre mixed gas, bit pricey but always starts quickly and no problems with the spark arrestor screen, use a DeWalt battery operated sawzall for light tree trimming that can be reached from ground..

F

Fox12

I buy Stihl because I have an excellent nearby dealer, not that I have needed any service for my Stihl tools for over ten years. I currently have a Stihl hand-held leaf blower, chain saw, weed trimmer and hedge trimmer. I use Lucas 2-cycle oil the burns clean with no evidence of ash deposits on spark plugs or on exhaust systems.. I also use ethanol-free gasoline exclusively for all of my small engines.

A

Alphadog

I've used average normal hardware store brand weed eaters forever and finally got tired of working on them more than actually using them. To be fair, I'm hard on my tools. A few years ago I finally decided to make a semi-step up and buy an Echo. (I have a hard time letting go of money) Anyway, right off it was a glaring improvement just on balance alone. I've had a crap load of weed eaters over the years and this felt the best. Also, I haven't had to do anything except treat it kindly, you know, all the things they tell you to do (kinda). Another thing you'll love is "it starts every time". No messing around. Love the cutting head too. Easy load, easy feed. Sorry, I wish I could compare to a Redmax. Sounds good.

I own both Stihl & Husqvarna products, also a Rover lawn mower with a Suzuki 2/stroke ( which clog the muffler with carbon if too much oil or a crappy brand of oil is used) also a mower with a Tecumseh TVS600, all of which i am currently running with Husqvarna LS 2 cycle oil, the plugs, mufflers, exhaust ports all look good.

L

Lyndmc

do they even makeTwo strokes

that’s all that I buy and use other than my Toro Super Recycler mower.

O

oldgearhead

I use Amsoil for all my equipment - sabre. A little more expensive but have never had an issue with any of my 2 cycle products.

T

Trukfr8

I’ve been using Lawnboy 2 cycle oil for over 20 years now and have never had an issue at all. It’s getting hard to find but you still can find it.

C

catman606

I like Stihl chainsaws and weedeaters. Mostly because they seem to start easier than others I've had. Someone stole my Stihl trimmer about a year ago, replaced it with a Husqvarna because the dealer was out of the Stihl I wanted, the Husky runs good, but if my wife uses it, she has a tendency to flood it on cold starts. The Stihl was much better on cold starts.

I bought a used Echo mini-tiller. I love it. It has the easy start feature and has never failed to start by the third pull. I use non-ethanol gas and synthetic oil in all of them and it makes a big difference in my chainsaws power.

P

pilotbuddy

I've always used Opti-2. Never a problem with stale gas.

D

DOB

Look for one that is 600 hours compliant you will have one that will be epa certified and don't use cheap oil I've taken many apart due to stuck rings from oil carbon build up.
But I prefer Shindowa or Echo I use both

L

lbrac

I have a gifted Husqvarna chainsaw, a Poulan Pro pole-saw/trimmer, a Ryobi trimmer, a gifted Hitachi blower, a very old not-so-used gifted Weed Eater hedge trimmer, and a well-used McCullough chainsaw, that are all still going strong. I've also had 2-cycle off-road motorcycles: a Yamaha, several RT340 Rokons w/ Sachs snow machine engines and variable-speed centrifugal drives, and a MX250 Husqvarna. Also, had a 3-cylinder Mercury outboard. All preformed well w/ whatever 2-cycle oil was available in gallon size at Walmart. I used gasohol at the recommended oil/gas ratio in them all.

I had a couple of 6-gallon boat fuel tanks w/ mixed gasohol that I didn't have an opportunity to use. After about 7 years, I used it in my small-engined equipment w/ no negative effects. I've heard that 2-cycle oil can stabilize gasohol, and it worked well for me. The tanks were sealed and stored in the covered trailered boat or in a large unheated metal building.

B

bertsmobile1

BRANDS MEAN NOTHING
every brand has marketed some rubbish
Most brands have marketed some really good tools
Echo vs Redmax = Ford vs Chev = Pepsi vs Coke etc etc etc
The original question was really stupid as there was no models listed
A trailer / shed full of the same coloured tools is the fantasy of a moron in an advertising agency who walks around all day with both his hands in his pockets and a silly grin on his face.
Get the right tool for the job and there is not a single brand on the planet that has the right tool for every job despite the trash we are subjected to in every form of media, mass & social .

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Canola oil at 100:1. ?

Mower King

Mower King

Kinda funny..... about 1/2 of all the replies are about 2 stroke oil type....I don't believe that was the OP question?

Sharp Cuts Lawn Service

Sharp Cuts Lawn Service

I've used average normal hardware store brand weed eaters forever and finally got tired of working on them more than actually using them. To be fair, I'm hard on my tools. A few years ago I finally decided to make a semi-step up and buy an Echo. (I have a hard time letting go of money) Anyway, right off it was a glaring improvement just on balance alone. I've had a crap load of weed eaters over the years and this felt the best. Also, I haven't had to do anything except treat it kindly, you know, all the things they tell you to do (kinda). Another thing you'll love is "it starts every time". No messing around. Love the cutting head too. Easy load, easy feed. Sorry, I wish I could compare to a Redmax. Sounds good.
Echo's not the worst, but I've found that after a few months they tend to bog down, and reallytake time to warm up, and are not durable...at least compared to redmax, but that's my experience.

Sharp Cuts Lawn Service

Sharp Cuts Lawn Service

Kinda funny..... about 1/2 of all the replies are about 2 stroke oil type....I don't believe that was the OP question?
Right, but I don't care if people talk about 2 stroke oil as well, even though that wasn't the point of this poll

I've never owned any Redmax, but my Echo Blower is about 7 years old & still runs as new.
My Shindaiwa string trimmer is about as old as well. & it has never even hicupped..