Which 2 cycle brand do you prefer?

Echo or Redmax?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Any that is well maintain most times but I do stay away from Echo line as most are under powered in my opinion.

BTW Redmax is now owned by Husqvarna which does have good products. Many are down on Poulan but a lot of the homeowner Husqvarna equipment are Poulans in Husqvarna colors.

Years ago it was Homelite XLs that I preferred until I got McCullough saws.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I chose redmax due to Husqvarna owning them. And i have never had a problem with Husqvarna equipment, except when it was under the Poulan badges........

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use Amsoil Saber, friend is a dealer. I haven't had any oil related issues & my 2 strokes run better.
My 2 stroke string trimmer is Shindaiwa, but wasn't a choice for that, so I voted for Echo, & do have their PB-250 blower.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
I agree, I used Echo Power blend for a few years, long ago, my exhaust ports & screens were getting blocked up. So I tried the Amsoil.

jagg2236

Threads
I prefer Redmax, but I just wanna hear which brand y'all prefer, no judgment
None ! They stink, smoke, Their a PITA to start. Bigger PITA mixing gas/oil & keeping track of the cans via ratio's. The one improvement some made is the electric start with a drill

rustycat

Threads
I've always had homelite but my machines are all almost 30 years old. I have an edger, a blower and a string trimmer. All of them work great and are all original. Don't know how the newer ones are put together.

fixit1ddh

Threads
Echo since early 70's. But no more as parts support is a 0 for them. Now I just buy cheap stuff. And they may outlive Me.