Where to get spring (42) and washer (43)?

The Push mower

Threads
Working on a GT plastic transmission and a spring has rusted into 3+ pieces and the washer is MIA. Any idea where I might find these parts for my 917.289081? This transmission doesn't match any of the ones depicted at GT's website and of course the sticker is gone. part numbers are from the "transaxle" diagram.Thanks for help suggestions.

Spring: 426686
Washer: 426791

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Spring subs to 583433101
Washer subs to 583437501

Both show out of stock at my parts supplier.

The Push mower

Threads
I found a 200pc spring kit from harbor freight with a very similar sized spring that works for $4.50usd. Washer is 10.4mm in diameter and about 2mm thick with a slot from edge to center.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep
Cheap junk for people too tight fisted to pay for quality transmissions
Cheap Junk and the customer has no idea it is not a hydro handles just like one.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep
Cheap junk for people too tight fisted to pay for quality transmissions
That may be true and may not be if they just look at the mower and the price and not the specs. Any way cheap junk.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That may be true and may not be if they just look at the mower and the price and not the specs. Any way cheap junk.
It can be a pricey CVT transaxle just depends where buy the replacement. Here I can order from the GTI distributor so yes they are cheap; not so much from Husqvarna or any other mower OEM due to mark-ups. So I got inking of what the mower OEM have paid for the CVT transaxle.

I got two of them in my customer base and so far only axle seals had to be replaced and debris cleaned off the top control areas. One customer done wore out the primary drive belt and idler pulleys.

I just don't the plastic case and the fact I can't get any of the internal parts in needed.