Export thread

Where to get Craftsmans mower belts.

C

cdestuck

A friend is dropping off craftsman walk behind that has a broken drive belt. Would like to get it fixed right away so hoping to get a belt locally. Anyone have any success at NAPA or any other local walkin store. Thanks.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I have had good luck and bad luck with NAPA belts. Get a OEM belt for your best bet.

Vervepipes

Vervepipes

Sears usually has a good stock.

C

cdestuck

Guess so but I just hate sears shopping charges and the wait for the part.

reynoldston

reynoldston

Guess so but I just hate sears shopping charges and the wait for the part.

I know what you are saying here and I agree, but its not worth it to have to do the job twice. Get A OEM belt and do the job only once. If you do get a NAPA belt just make sure its the right belt and for a mower, not a car engine belt. A 1/4 in. different can make a different if it fits or not. Just beware is all I am telling you.

Vervepipes

Vervepipes

I actually find the price of parts at sears pretty reasonable compared to other places, maybe a dollar or two more but they can get the part in quick if they don't have it in stock.

C

cdestuck

Sure I'll be calling sears as soon as I get the mower. Thanks guys.

I

ILENGINE

I found sears to be over high on parts in most cases. I know of a case where sears wanted $48 for a part i sell for $7.95. Just earlier this month I replaced a part on a craftsman trimmer for $65. Sears wanted $88. go to partsdirect.com put in the model number, and get the part number of the belt, Sears uses the OEM part numbers, so most likely it will a Brute, Poulan, or MTD. Call a local dealer with the part number and compare the price.

Carscw

Carscw

For a belt just call around to some mower shops. Not a dealer but a mower repair shop.

Carscw

Carscw

Home Depot sells craftsman belts.

Fish

Fish

A friend is dropping off craftsman walk behind that has a broken drive belt. Would like to get it fixed right away so hoping to get a belt locally. Anyone have any success at NAPA or any other local walkin store. Thanks.

Without more info, we can only assume that the mower was made by AYP/Electrolux/Husqvarna/Poulan/etc. Getting the part from the local Poulan dealer is your best bet, as the prices are real reasonable, and if they have the correct belt in stock, no wait and
no shipping charges. Trying to go to a NAPA would be a huge waste of time and money, as those belts are in no way even shaped slightly similar, and they will not last very long, or even work at all. You need to get the model number and go from there, off of the little tag on the deck.