where does the yellow wire go

Jammer48

Threads
I have Cub cadet 1440 with a B&S 294447-0445-01 that I am assembly back together but I have a yellow wire coming from the wire harness that I don't know where it goes! Any ideas?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IF the mower is running fine then don't worry about it.
The wiring harnesses are universal made to fit every engine that could have been fitted and all options.
As such you end up with the odd orphaned wire for things like hour meters , oil lights , alternator warning lights etc .
IF the mower is not working properly then tell us what it is not doing which will point to where the wire might need to go .

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What kind of connector does it have on it?
post a picture if you can.

Jammer48

Threads
here it is

Attachments

• IMG_0047[1].JPG
    IMG_0047[1].JPG
    961.8 KB · Views: 10

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
have you checked for power on it?

Jammer48

Threads
no i will do that now hang on....no power with key off or on at any level of the switch... I did check for continuity and it is a ground cable apparently

Richard Milhous

Threads
I dunno crap but I'd think "headlights". The resistance of a headlight bulb is low enough to show continuity with ground, and a ground wire wouldn't be yellow. I friggin' hope not anyway.

Jammer48

Threads
I dunno crap but I'd think "headlights". The resistance of a headlight bulb is low enough to show continuity with ground, and a ground wire wouldn't be yellow. I friggin' hope not anyway.
Thank you for your reply the lights already have a dedicated connector and work as they should

Benge

Forum Newbie
Threads