When to throw in th towel?

bluegirl

Threads
Hi all,
I've got a 1995 Toro Wheelhorse that's been a great machine but lately has been nickle and dime-ing me to death. Just put a couple hundred bucks in for the deck/spindle repair. Seems to be using a bit of oil and lately after I have been running it for about a half to 3/4 of an hour, it dies out like it's run out of gas even though there is lots of gas there. At what stage do you give it up and get a younger model?

Threads
Hi all,
I've got a 1995 Toro Wheelhorse that's been a great machine but lately has been nickle and dime-ing me to death. Just put a couple hundred bucks in for the deck/spindle repair. Seems to be using a bit of oil and lately after I have been running it for about a half to 3/4 of an hour, it dies out like it's run out of gas even though there is lots of gas there. At what stage do you give it up and get a younger model?

Newer machine aren't made like they used to be, but if you are paying too much to fix it, you might want to think about it. But some people keep old machines just because they are something you don't see anymore. You decide. :smile: