When to start advertising

D2hornets58

Threads
When do you all usually start to advertise for next season? Also, what do you find to be the best ways to advertise and get new customers?

Threads
When do you all usually start to advertise for next season? Also, what do you find to be the best ways to advertise and get new customers?

I usually hand out flyers around mid-March, and I start mowing around the first of April. But I have my yard sign out almost all the time (other than the times in the winter when snow is not in the forecast) so it's not like a potential customer only hears about me two weeks before mowing season. I think the two ways mentioned above are the most effective ways I advertise. :thumbsup:

D2hornets58

Threads
I usually hand out flyers around mid-March, and I start mowing around the first of April. But I have my yard sign out almost all the time (other than the times in the winter when snow is not in the forecast) so it's not like a potential customer only hears about me two weeks before mowing season. I think the two ways mentioned above are the most effective ways I advertise. :thumbsup:

Ya i usually hand out a lot of fliers. Im trying to think of some different ways to advertise this year.

Threads
I there I'm new to this forum but I would say flyers are a really good way! I know they work for me! Also you can put some adds in the news paper. This year I tried something else also to get some viewing I was part of my town christmas parade with one of my trucks and some equipment. I know I got good feedback out of it ;)

Threads
I have placed several ads on craigslist with pretty good results being that it is still a little early in the game around here. Another thing I did was create a Facebook page for my service (I have over 2700 fb friends I have invited to "like" my page) and have gathered some leads from that as well. Oh, and twitter account for my service. Basically making connections via social networking has worked out great for us. I also purchased business cards from Vista Print (very inexpensive and look great!) I hand these out to EVERYONE who has grass!!! Just kidding :wink: Also I place the cards in the local grocery stores and pass the along to commercial property owners / realtors too. I would welcome any other ideas anyone has. I have not tried door hangers yet but may plan to in the future.