When To Do First Fluid Change on New X370

KeystoneKid2121

Forum Newbie
Threads
I took delivery of my new X370 last year after waiting all summer for it to be built and Delivered, anyways I only got to use it two times before Fall, so I ran it Dry of Fuel and put it away, What I would like to know is, when should I do the First Oil and Filter Change for both the Engine and the Transmission, as of today it only has 4.2 Engine Hours on it, some are telling me I should do the complete change at 5 hours and some are telling me 10, both of which sounds a little to soon to me.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What does the owners manual say for the first oil change. That should be the guide to use.

KeystoneKid2121

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well the dealer didn't give me a Book (Manual), because we had a disagreement on the original Price that I locked in before JD Raised it by $500.00, but I just called another Dealer which is in Eastern Florida, and he was good enough to look it up, He told me that his Book is showing Complete Fluid and Filter Break In Change at 50 Hours, plus Greasing all the required areas, He also gave me a Phone Number to have a Manual sent to me.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like a resolution
Usually drives do not get their oil changed till the first service interval with depending upon the drive will be 200 hrs to never
The actual requirements are set down by the engine maker & the transmission maker not JD

smalltimerpm

Threads
50 hours is good maintenance schedule on any lawn care. Being brand new and not everything is seated I would do on my first 5 hours of the motor. Transmissions, well are built different concerning wear and tear and seating. 200 hours sounds good to even worry about the fluid or filter.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
50 hours is good maintenance schedule on any lawn care. Being brand new and not everything is seated I would do on my first 5 hours of the motor. Transmissions, well are built different concerning wear and tear and seating. 200 hours sounds good to even worry about the fluid or filter.
The 5 hour first oil change has been eliminated from the service internal for engines with oil filters. Nothing else out their including heavy equipment and automobiles recommends a 5 hour oil change.

johnorlandi

Threads
I purchased a X580 in December and from what I can get out of the owners manual and looking around this is what I come up with you can use this or just work from it good luck

Attachments

• SERVICE INTERVALS - text file.txt
    908 bytes · Views: 8
  • MAINTENANCE RECORD - text file.txt
    684 bytes · Views: 4