Wheel rubbing

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I can’t see the top of the axle, which goes through the cast iron cross piece? How is the axle help in place? Looks like the vertical bushings might be worn. Can you move the axle in any direction, besides rotating it? If you remove the right side wheel, does it have the same angle as the left side? I wish I was standing next to you to see exactly what you see, that is why I’m asking so many questions.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can’t see the top of the axle, which goes through the cast iron cross piece? How is the axle help in place? Looks like the vertical bushings might be worn. Can you move the axle in any direction, besides rotating it? If you remove the right side wheel, does it have the same angle as the left side? I wish I was standing next to you to see exactly what you see, that is why I’m asking so many questions.
Looks to me like the wheel spindle shaft is worn a fair amount on the outer bearing area. combine that with a worn bushing and the tire could lean enough to contact the axle.

rick10s

Threads
The axle is welded at the top of the iron cross piece. The angles are different between the two wheels. I think I will try to cold bend it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I agree, but my aged eyes and the angle against the back ground have me secret guessing myself. To the OP, is the axle smooth all the way out, or am I see a ridge about 1/2” from the end? Second, are both of the plastic bushings, going into the wheel worn or perfectly round?

rick10s

Threads
You
I agree, but my aged eyes and the angle against the back ground have me secret guessing myself. To the OP, is the axle smooth all the way out, or am I see a ridge about 1/2” from the end? Second, are both of the plastic bushings, going into the wheel worn or perfectly round

rick10s

Threads
Using a 4 foot length of metal pipe I was able to get nearly as much clearance as the other wheel. Got an acre field to cut tomorrow, hoping for the best. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have my doubts that you have a bent axle. To bend a 3/4” axle you would have had to hit something very hard at a high speed.

RayMcD

Threads
Rick, also look closely at you deck to make sure it is still hung properly, something may be out of place. Cheers, Ray

rick10s

Threads
Using a 4 foot length of metal pipe I was able to get nearly as much clearance as the other wheel. Got an acre field to cut tomorrow, hoping for the best. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate
I have my doubts that you have a bent axle. To bend a 3/4” axle you would have had to hit something very hard at a high speed.

Rick, also look closely at you deck to make sure it is still hung properly, something may be out of place. Cheers, Ray
Just got back from cutting a large field. Steering was good, cut was good and no rubbing. Thanks to all for your help.