What's your experience with Kubota?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Doubtful if the OP is still on the fence since the thread is over seven years old.

hussler1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks to this forum I now see that Kubota is the brand that I'll most likely explore further. It's locally available and there are a lot of freelance mechanics who are familiar with the brand.

What's your experience with Kubota? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
Very well engineered. I have a ZG23 and it makes short work of the 2 1/2 acres of mowing I have to do. Everything about it is thought out well for functionality and the 54 inch deck gives a nice cut.

Romore

Threads
I used a BX2670 for three seasons until I was forced to move. It was a very well built machine and easy to operate. The loader was good for moving snow but not so much for landscaping, the machine didn't have the power or weight needed to pick up sand or soil. Too small for the job. Local dealer was a pleasure to deal with which makes all the difference.

deminin

Threads
I bought a Kubota B2910 when we retired to the countryside in 2002. It has performed quite well, with just normal maintenance. I shopped various brands before I bought the Kubota, and it was the best "bang for the buck", IMO.

MrGraff

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've owned a Z121S, Z125S, and now own a ZG 227. All of the mowers have been problem free other than replacing a battery. Build quality and ease of use is probably the biggest things that stand out. Moved up to a commercial unit as I'll be maintain 8-10 acres monthly.

qmark

Threads
I have ran both Deere mowers with Yanmar Diesels & Kubotas with Kubota Diesels and both engines were very smooth runing. However when at idle the Diesel engines will rattle a little bit but at full power they are very smooth running and fuel efficant. The new Diesels are much cleaner then Diesels in the past because of tight emission regulations, which I am sure is to continue in the future.

Gas mowers are smooth running as well, but I would never go back to a Gas engine that is carburated,, If I were to go to another gas mower, it would be Electronic Fuel injected mower, much easier to start then a gas mower that was carburated.

Diesels are also more fuel efficant as well and Diesel prices are cheaper then gas ( at least in my area) and at $1.09 Canadian a litre for gasoline you can go through a lot of gas in a rider. I have since switched to Diesel mowers and on average I am filling up at 0.95-97 cent's a litre for Diesel, plus I am not going through as much fuel either vs gas. Then again I am cutting grass commerically as well, but if your just doing your own lawn, a gas mower would be more economical, unless you got a big property and can justify the Diesel.

Take Care Jason B
Also you can use off road non taxed fuel in your diesel mower. I love diesel engines and have them in my cars, trucks, mower ,compactor, and I have a strong dislike for small gas engines.

lilguy

Threads
I bought a B8200hst and a L2250 In 1983. Replaced frt axle seals and hydraulic pump at 22 years on the L2250. Nothing on the B8200. Sold them in 2017 and bought a B2601 with FL/BH/MMM. Would own nothing else.

qmark

Threads
Thanks Kenny. Have looked on eBay but most say "Not available to Australia" and that my friend is why I am looking for 'gray parts dealer' or aftermarket supplier. Kubota do not allow US dealers to ship to Australia - that way they can jack up prices here without fear of international competition!

Have it shipped to me and I will send it on to you, I see your post is 8 years ago.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Speak to them direct.
A lot of USA dealers do not export full stop .
The USA market is big enough to make a good living from and sending stuff overseas leads to a lot of unhappy customers.
IFthe freight takes too long then ebay will refund the purchaser and debit the vendor ( has happened to me )

lugbolt

Threads
US dealers cannot export per dealer agreement. It was a big issue with the USA and Canadian dealers for a short while. Similarly, they cannot import from any other country either, per dealer agreement. There are reasons for this and one is government regulation(s).