What's in your bucket??

Tbone0106

Threads
FWIW I do overnight servicing for commercial customers as they can be anywhere within a 100km radius and they can always do a couple of extra hours tomorrow to catch up
I do on site servicing fro my tradies , Brickies / builders/ plumbers etc because they are happy to pay a call out fee as they have time deadlines to finish their work.
I now do all of the crews in a 5 mile radius because I work with them , do urgent repairs overnight and leave them in the yard for pick up at the silly hours that crews leave .
None of the mower shops will open before 8 am by which time my blokes would be on their 3rd job or more and they all close at 5 to 5:30 pm .
My workshop is one corner of a 1000 acre farm so no neighbours to annoy .
If you are in a residential area one complaint to the local authorities and you get closed down or they declaire you property to be commercial and triple you local taxes .
Ah. You're into it a lot more than I am. I've only done a few commercial repairs. Almost everything I take care of is for private individuals. I find that they provide me with literally more than I can do in the warm weather months, and they leave me alone (mostly) when the snow is flying. (Yes, I fix snowthrowers, but that work is pretty spotty, and some winters I don't get one call.... because it doesn't snow.)

Near me, there's only one mower/small engine shop, and naturally the service rates are through-the-roof outrageous. Kinda handy for me when I endeavor to keep my rates high enough to justify all those hours away from the woman and in the shop -- where things tend to make sense.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Getting some good commercial clients take the volatility out of the income.
They drop blades in to be sharpend and get their mowers serviced regularly and usually in off season because in high season hey are too busy mowing .
The big problem with having privates as your base, they are very unreliable.
The "wrong" person gets into the White House & they won't send their mower in for service.
Petrol goes up 5¢ so they cut cost by not getting their mower serviced
Or because they don't need it right now, they will get around to it latter but never do.
Then all of a sudden it is spring and their mowers that should have been serviced in the off season won't start and suddenly it becomes YOUR fault that their grass is 3' tall & their dog got eaten by lions .