What would you do

Zeroturner

Threads
Shughes717,

In the past I carried Fox pepper spray and found it not as effective as the streaming Freeze +P I now carry.

To be fair, that was five plus years or so ago, so perhaps since then the Fox formula has gotten more potent than when I carried it.

Over the years of cycling, I've been attacked by dogs many, many times. Pepper spray is the only thing I've found that almost (not always) works to keep from being toppled and bitten or toppled with broken bones. It stings massively, but doesn't injure. I know as I've taken a dose of it myself. I carry decontamination wipes if I accidentally spray myself which isn't that difficult if you panic (as in 3/4 dogs coming after you) and the wind is blowing back at you...

Luckily, I've had so much experience with attacking dogs and repelling them with pepper spray, I've become quite adept at using it. I've only partially hosed myself once and it was a great learning experience.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shughes717,

In the past I carried Fox pepper spray and found it not as effective as the streaming Freeze +P I now carry.

To be fair, that was five plus years or so ago, so perhaps since then the Fox formula has gotten more potent than when I carried it.

Over the years of cycling, I've been attacked by dogs many, many times. Pepper spray is the only thing I've found that almost (not always) works to keep from being toppled and bitten or toppled with broken bones. It stings massively, but doesn't injure. I know as I've taken a dose of it myself. I carry decontamination wipes if I accidentally spray myself which isn't that difficult if you panic (as in 3/4 dogs coming after you) and the wind is blowing back at you...

Luckily, I've had so much experience with attacking dogs and repelling them with pepper spray, I've become quite adept at using it. I've only partially hosed myself once and it was a great learning experience.

Sounds as though you have gotten sprayed almost as many times as I have, lol. I have had better luck with fox but freeze may work better for you. OC spray is measured by scoville heat units. Freeze is 2,000,000 scoville heat units. Fox is 5,300,000 scoville heat units. I have had both in my eyes and neither is comfortable lol. The only reason we still keep spray around now is for dogs as well. If it works I guess you are right by not changing.

P.s. If you get it on your hands don't touch your junk when you use the restroom. First time I used it I did that. Felt like there was fire in my crotch lol.

Zeroturner

Threads
Shughes717,

I've found if I get even a slight amount of Freeze +P on any part of my skin, it's like it's been hit with a blow torch!

And yes, just like with Jalapeno peppers the heat of the spray (if you will) is transferable. Maximum Ouch on the nether regions if you don't get the spray off your hands first before handling your equipment!

Since you too are a fellow pepper spray user consider (if haven't already) getting some pepper spray decontamination wipes.

While out cycling, I pepper sprayed a pit bull chasing after my Granddaughter and I. Some of the over spray somehow got on her upper lip. We stopped farther down the street and I got out a decon. wipe, touched it to her lip and it immediately made the pain vanish.

The instructions say it can take up to 7 minutes to work, but not in that case. Also, if you get spray in your eyes you can squeeze the decon. wipe and let the liquid drip into the affected eye and stop the pain.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Am I the only one that's washes my hands before I pee?
I know it is clean so why touch it with dirty hands?

Just saying.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Am I the only one that's washes my hands before I pee?
I know it is clean so why touch it with dirty hands?

Just saying.

Lol, I am sure you get dirtier with your work than I do most of the time anyway. I keep hand sanitizer with me that I use after coming into contact with people, but I usually wash after peeing. Besides pepper spray gets reactivated upon contact with water. Rookie officers are not known to be overly accurate when spraying, and sometimes accidentally hit another officer that is struggling with a suspect. Have taken more than one shower where I got a second dose.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shughes717,

I've found if I get even a slight amount of Freeze +P on any part of my skin, it's like it's been hit with a blow torch!

And yes, just like with Jalapeno peppers the heat of the spray (if you will) is transferable. Maximum Ouch on the nether regions if you don't get the spray off your hands first before handling your equipment!

Since you too are a fellow pepper spray user consider (if haven't already) getting some pepper spray decontamination wipes.

While out cycling, I pepper sprayed a pit bull chasing after my Granddaughter and I. Some of the over spray somehow got on her upper lip. We stopped farther down the street and I got out a decon. wipe, touched it to her lip and it immediately made the pain vanish.

The instructions say it can take up to 7 minutes to work, but not in that case. Also, if you get spray in your eyes you can squeeze the decon. wipe and let the liquid drip into the affected eye and stop the pain.

I have been exposed to spray so much over the years it that I decontaminate pretty fast, except on the nether regions. I usually just dab with a paper towel and keep blinking until I can see again. Air and a little time is the best way I have found to deal with it. Still burns, but doesn't incapacitate me.

Zeroturner

Threads
Sure, a little spray here or there, no big deal, but if you get it where it's hopping up and down serious, the decon. wipes are a must.