What tools are essential for lawn care?

arslant001

Threads
Hi guys , Hope you are doing well. I am looking tools for my lawn. Besides a lawnmower, what tools are essential for good lawn care?

Craftsman Garage

Threads
well, depending on the property size, you might need more or less tools. how big is the property? how much of the property do you have to mow? is your lawn mower new or used and old?

Craftsman Garage

Threads
essentials list:
1. get a weed whacker, Stihl, OR CRAFTSMAN
2. get an edger (optional) any brand is good
3. grass fertilizer and a fertilizer spreader SCOTTS
4. new lawnmower blades (if the mower is old, used, or you want a really clean cut)
5. Bluetooth work headphones or AirPods (if you don't like yard care and want to get it over with (y))
6. shovel, rake
7. Have Fun!
I might be missing some tools but I forgot the names of them ?

arslant001

Threads
essentials list:
1. get a weed whacker, Stihl, OR CRAFTSMAN
2. get an edger (optional) any brand is good
3. grass fertilizer and a fertilizer spreader SCOTTS
4. new lawnmower blades (if the mower is old, used, or you want a really clean cut)
5. Bluetooth work headphones or AirPods (if you don't like yard care and want to get it over with (y))
6. shovel, rake
7. Have Fun!
I might be missing some tools but I forgot the names of them ?
Thanks for sharing this, Very helpful for me.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Excuse me for cutting in line but many a cold beer should be on the list. Come on guys!!!! (Brandon Biden)

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi guys , Hope you are doing well. I am looking tools for my lawn. Besides a lawnmower, what tools are essential for good lawn care?
Normally electric and battery powered "tools" lack durability slash longevity. Saying that.....

1.Simple push gas mower. Great exercise, cheap, no belts to replace and easy to lift if need be.
2.Gas trimmer. Can flip over to edge.
3.Hedge trimmers. These are okay as electrics, not used often.
4.Canadian Mist and Coke-A-Cola, mmmmmmm

Craftsman Garage

Threads
Normally electric and battery powered "tools" lack durability slash longevity. Saying that.....

1.Simple push gas mower. Great exercise, cheap, no belts to replace and easy to lift if need be.
2.Gas trimmer. Can flip over to edge.
3.Hedge trimmers. These are okay as electrics, not used often.
4.Canadian Mist and Coke-A-Cola, mmmmmmm
lol

EvaMorison

Forum Newbie
Threads
When it comes to maintaining a beautiful lawn, having the right tools makes all the difference. Besides a good lawnmower, I’d recommend investing in a quality string trimmer for edging, a leaf blower for clearing debris, and a sturdy rake for gathering leaves and thatch. A pair of pruning shears and a garden hose with a spray nozzle are also essential for keeping your plants and shrubs in top shape.

If you're looking to expand your toolkit or get some advice on what might work best for your specific yard, AroundWire can be a great platform to explore. You can find 'landscape jobs near me', connect with local professionals for recommendations, or even find gently used tools that fit your needs. It’s a helpful resource for anyone serious about lawn care.

Happy gardening!

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Excuse me for cutting in line but many a cold beer should be on the list. Come on guys!!!! (Brandon Biden)
Really alcoholic drinks are not compatible with safe lawn care. After the job is done then it is okay. You got to be fully alert while working with dangerous equipment.

Cool water is best for thirsty workers but soda pops works too. Just not those high caffeine drinks as too caffeine can cause problems. And for diabetics you got watch your sugar intake too.

You got watch out for yourselves.