What should I buy??

Predsfan42

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need a little help in deciding on what to buy. I am looking for a zero turn mower. I have narrowed it down to 3 makes which at JD z925, Hustler Super Z, and a Scag Cheetah. Looking at 60' deck and a range of hp from 25 to 31. Anyone have any helpful advice on these 3 mowers?? Thanks!!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...
All 3 are exceptional commercial grade machines...
I'm partial to Hustler... I would be looking at the Z Diesel myself... but the Super Z is good...
The other two are also great mowers... the new John Deere has EFI some may be a little reluctant to get that instead of carburetor fuel system... but EFI has done fantastic things for every other application, so I would welcome that as an improvement...
Scag also has some very nice features...
You didn't say... What type use are you planning for it?

Regardless of your choice, I can't see much wrong with any of them... So I look forward to hearing about your choice and how well it performs PLUS a lot of pictures.... :smile:KennyV

Predsfan42

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks KennyV.

I will be using it for personal use. I will be cutting a 2 acre tract and a 5 acre tract. All flat land. You never know either, after I get it, I might pick up some other yards to cut as well. Thanks!!

cactusjack24

Threads
I work with 2 guys that both own hustlers,the only bad thing they have to say is how rough they ride.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
What did you end up getting?? :dance1:

lmf,

Looks like the OP(Predsfan42) has dropped off the planet:0)
Since he/she is located in Tennessee like me I was going to recommend that he/she go down to Chiltons in Nashville(carries the Scags and the Gravely's...where I bought mine) and take a look at the Gravely Pro-Turn 160 & 260. They both are 60" deck units and would be less $ than the Scag or JD but probably more than the Hustlers. Still, based upon my experience so far with my Pro-Turn 152, VERY nice entry-level Commercial units(and have a pretty comfortable ride with a full suspension seat...as pointed out by the last post about the Hustler "rough ride").

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hate when they do that; I wish they would say what they ended up getting or how they solved their problem......we are curious!

Yeah, I agree because most "forums" I have participated in were for me to learn and/or help others. And, after learning more, giving advice based upon my newfound knowledge. When posters do not reply that your advice worked or not, you don't know if you gave good advice or not. And if you are trying to learn, a non-respondent takes away that learning opportunity.