What mower to purchase?

Rickcin

Threads
Recently moved to Virginia and have a little less than a half acre of grass. The property has gradual slopes and the average amount of trees and obstacles on the lawn.

Would like to get a mulching mower that could also bag and I wold like a 190 cc engine for powering through wet grass. What are the pros and cons of front or rear wheel drive?

Not sure which one would be better for mobility when turning. Also seems that Honda's have the best overall rating? Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When bagging the bag weight causes a weight shift to the rear thus loss of traction on the front wheels.
Rear drives have smaller discharge chutes which clog easier.
With walk behinds deck size makes a big difference so go with the biggest deck that will fit between your smallest space.
One extra pass on a ride on is nothing.
One extra pass with a push mower is a lot of walking & even more time.

If it were me I would be looking at 2 mowers.
dedicated mulchers do their job really well.
Universal decks universally do neither job particularly well.

Rickcin

Threads
When bagging the bag weight causes a weight shift to the rear thus loss of traction on the front wheels.
Rear drives have smaller discharge chutes which clog easier.
With walk behinds deck size makes a big difference so go with the biggest deck that will fit between your smallest space.
One extra pass on a ride on is nothing.
One extra pass with a push mower is a lot of walking & even more time.

If it were me I would be looking at 2 mowers.
dedicated mulchers do their job really well.
Universal decks universally do neither job particularly well.

The only time I would ever bag is when I am about to fertilize thinking it would be better without the excess clippings.

I understand what you have said, it makes sense, something that never occurred to me. So, for just a mulching mower, what would you recommend?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You need to ask a US local.
The 20" powertorque Victa is almost perfect but your government won't allow you own one over there.