M

mowerman05

No idea but pretty cool looking.

davbell22602

davbell22602

I have no clue either.

Carscw

Carscw

I was thinking along the line of some kind of hole cutter.

M

mowerman05

Looks like it might bolt to a bench? what size would the hole be if it was a hole cutter? Wooden tires for a toy truck?

M

Mad Mackie

Wood barrel plug hole cutting tool.
Does it smell like bourbon or wine???

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

It looks like it has two handles, one of which is part of the main body of the tool. What happens when you squeeze those two levers (handles) together?

I agree that it looks like some kind of a drill. A closer shot of the "bit" (if that's what it is) would help.

I like that car on your avatar. What is it?

davbell22602

davbell22602

I like that car on your avatar. What is it?

Its 72 Datsun 240Z.

Carscw

Carscw

It looks like it has two handles, one of which is part of the main body of the tool. What happens when you squeeze those two levers (handles) together? I agree that it looks like some kind of a drill. A closer shot of the "bit" (if that's what it is) would help. I like that car on your avatar. What is it?

I friend sent me the pic asking what it was

The car is a 240Z Not mine

jekjr

jekjr

View attachment 18685

Does anyone have a clue what this is?

I would guess a gasket cutter.

D

DaveTN

Whatever it is, it will be discovered by future Archaeologists digging about and proclaim it to be "A Religious Artifact"~~ No one will know what it was even remotely used for really. Many mechanics nowdays don't know what early 20th Century tools were used for don'tcha know! I have no clue what it is really.

Ric

Ric

View attachment 18685

Does anyone have a clue what this is?

I think Mad Mackie is right with his answer being a old fashion Wood barrel plug hole cutting tool or Bung hole cutter. This is all just a guess but it works by squeezing the two handles together drawing back the bit then you fasten the drill to the side of the barrel using the bolt and clamp. The point acts as a pilot giving the auger center to cut the hole as you turn the handle.

I

ILENGINE

Saw a tool that looks almost like the picture if not identical to the one in the picture on the news last night. The guy was using it to cut a hole in a concrete block wall.

wjjones

wjjones

If you find out I would like to know too. I have never seen anything like that before.

metz12

metz12

i have seen small versions of this. the small ones ive seen were used for cutting plugs for cabinets or furniture. you use a countersink drill bit bore out the hole, then you screw your screw in a put a plug in with a small amount of glue. then sand it or cut it off with a chisel. never seen one that big.

T

tybilly

is there a name on the casting?

Carscw

Carscw

is there a name on the casting?

No name
No numbers.