what do u guys think of the new sno-tek snow blowers from home depot

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / what do u guys think of the new sno-tek snow blowers from home depot
i hated them for years when i started working on them back in high school i could not stand them then they went went threw a spell where they were blowing up like crazy ...They have gotten alot better ...I have my 10hp TC its a snow king engine i keep it oil changed and tuned up every year regardless if it needs it or not ...Whats the Model of your lawnboy i can see if we can fix u up

There is one with a Briggs and it doesn't want to start anymore. It use to, but it would always take many pulls. I think that is because I have no primer for it. I do have to stay in was in the rain and snow. Now, it is stored in a Tempo at my GF. Model number is:680538
It also has a bad spark plug thread so it isn't too tight in its hole.

The second one is old and only starts when it wants to. I thin I have to adjust the throttle thingny on carb (I move it up and down to make the motor rev). The motor has a lose rod. I can move it a little with my hands. Model # 5273.

That is why I have another old one kicking around for parts. It is a "Deluxe 19 inch". I don't know if the engine internals are exhangeable, but both mower have the same deck.

I hate two stroke!!!

Both mower have a cleaned carb that has been dissassembled and cleaned with carb clean and reassembled correctly.

briggs

Threads
There is one with a Briggs and it doesn't want to start anymore. It use to, but it would always take many pulls. I think that is because I have no primer for it. I do have to stay in was in the rain and snow. Now, it is stored in a Tempo at my GF. Model number is:680538
It also has a bad spark plug thread so it isn't too tight in its hole.

The second one is old and only starts when it wants to. I thin I have to adjust the throttle thingny on carb (I move it up and down to make the motor rev). The motor has a lose rod. I can move it a little with my hands. Model # 5273.

That is why I have another old one kicking around for parts. It is a "Deluxe 19 inch". I don't know if the engine internals are exhangeable, but both mower have the same deck.

I hate two stroke!!!

Both mower have a cleaned carb that has been dissassembled and cleaned with carb clean and reassembled correctly.

Briggs motor has a auto they can be a pain in the *** make sure the choke is closing all the way ...But first i would take the carb off soak in a mix of 50% sea foam and 50 high test for a day use a needle to make sure all the holes are clear then blast with compressed air .re-install and see what happens

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Briggs motor has a auto they can be a pain in the *** make sure the choke is closing all the way ...But first i would take the carb off soak in a mix of 50% sea foam and 50 high test for a day use a needle to make sure all the holes are clear then blast with compressed air .re-install and see what happens

Ahhh ok thanks!

How about the old one with the two stroke motor. Why does it only start when it wants too.

briggs

Threads
Ahhh ok thanks!

How about the old one with the two stroke motor. Why does it only start when it wants too.

lol good question ..Put a new plug in it clean the carb as well and set it ...I will have to find my book on the lawnboy we don't get many here as people are lazy and don't want to mix oil and gas

tybilly

Threads
hard to beat the snowking,

briggs

Threads
hard to beat the snowking,

yes it is i am glad they fixed the rod problems they had ..Before the snow king the engines were awful

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
lol good question ..Put a new plug in it clean the carb as well and set it ...I will have to find my book on the lawnboy we don't get many here as people are lazy and don't want to mix oil and gas

Allright!

Yea, I think it needs a good tune. It acts like a b****!