WHAT DO I NEED

A_tank96

Threads
Hello,

I have a small lawn are business. Right now I only have an older trimmer, a corded blower, and no edger. What do I need to get next? My trimmer is a Stihl FS 45 that runs well. I'm getting sick of the crappy blower, but I have hired labor that does that so I don't have to put up with it. I us usually just edge with my trimmer. I have many good Stihl dealers close, And I have been looking at the BR 200 for a blower, and All Stihls for equipment. I am hesitant to go with echo be size it's only at Home Depot around me. I like the PAS system for the hi though, should I get that? The attar hments are much cheaper. I'm only doing a max of 10 very small yards right now.

Thanks
A_tank96

Threads
Hello,

I have a small lawn are business. Right now I only have an older trimmer, a corded blower, and no edger. What do I need to get next? My trimmer is a Stihl FS 45 that runs well. I'm getting sick of the crappy blower, but I have hired labor that does that so I don't have to put up with it. I us usually just edge with my trimmer. I have many good Stihl dealers close, And I have been looking at the BR 200 for a blower, and All Stihls for equipment. I am hesitant to go with echo be size it's only at Home Depot around me. I like the PAS system for the hi though, should I get that? The attar hments are much cheaper. I'm only doing a max of 10 very small yards right now.

Thanks
A_tank96

I can't help you with Stihl equipment, but I can provide some information about Echo equipment. I would be hesitant to get stuff at Home Depot, but I do think that some of Echo's equipment would be good for you to have. The PAS system is a good investment. For Echo blowers, I would recommend the PB-255LN...but I think your choice of Stihl blower is good! :thumbsup: If you have any more Echo questions just ask! :smile:

A_tank96

Threads
I can't help you with Stihl equipment, but I can provide some information about Echo equipment. I would be hesitant to get stuff at Home Depot, but I do think that some of Echo's equipment would be good for you to have. The PAS system is a good investment. For Echo blowers, I would recommend the PB-255LN...but I think your choice of Stihl blower is good! :thumbsup: If you have any more Echo questions just ask! :smile:

Have you had any experience with PAS? It's hard to justify me going to an echo dealer when the nearest one is thirty miles away and I have three trustworthy Stihl dealers within 8 miles...

Threads
Have you had any experience with PAS? It's hard to justify me going to an echo dealer when the nearest one is thirty miles away and I have three trustworthy Syihl dealers within 8 miles...

I do not have any experience with the PAS system but I have a LOT of experience with the SRM-225 and the PE-225. They use the same powerhead as the PAS-225 (the model you would probably get), and the only difference is the PAS can accept attachments easily. But I absolutely LOVE my SRM-225!! I use it every day and it never lets me down! :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you had any experience with PAS? It's hard to justify me going to an echo dealer when the nearest one is thirty miles away and I have three trustworthy Stihl dealers within 8 miles...

If you want that kind of system then the Stihl KM units would be a better deal than the Echo Pas units. So I can't see how you would be justified in driving 30 miles when you have a Stihl dealer nearby.

A_tank96

Threads
If you want that kind of system then the Stihl KM units would be a better deal than the Echo Pas units.

Ric, Do you have some kind of special financing?

The PAS 225 is 180 at HD. I can get a combo pack with the PAS 225, the trimmer and blower attatchments for 300. And then an extra 90 for the curved shaft edger. 390 is even kind of expensive. That's with the regular trimmer. the heavy duty one is 90. Separate, They are about the prices of Blower 85, trimmer, 70, heavy duty trimmer 90, edger 100.

I can get the Stihl KM 55 R for 230, and the trimmer is 90, Blower is 100, and the curved edger is 100, and the straight shaft edger is 180.

Is the Stihl km 55 equal to the echo? Is it worth the extra 60? Are the Stihl attatchments better?

Actually my nearest Echo dealer is 10 Miles, but have never had any experience with him.

A_tank96

CZLawnCare

Threads
I run 5 stihl kombi systems and have never had a problem with any of them.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric, Do you have some kind of special financing?

The PAS 225 is 180 at HD. I can get a combo pack with the PAS 225, the trimmer and blower attatchments for 300. And then an extra 90 for the curved shaft edger. 390 is even kind of expensive. That's with the regular trimmer. the heavy duty one is 90. Separate, They are about the prices of Blower 85, trimmer, 70, heavy duty trimmer 90, edger 100.

I can get the Stihl KM 55 R for 230, and the trimmer is 90, Blower is 100, and the curved edger is 100, and the straight shaft edger is 180.

Is the Stihl km 55 equal to the echo? Is it worth the extra 60? Are the Stihl attatchments better?

Actually my nearest Echo dealer is 10 Miles, but have never had any experience with him.

A_tank96

First off I do not have any financing of any kind. My advise would be to stay as far away from financing as possible because financing puts you in the hole right off the bat and you don't need to be there trying to start a business. As far as the Echo and Stihl Multi Task tools go, for business IMO they are a total waste of time and money. My reasons are as follows, 1 there not a cost effective piece of equipment, 2 there to time consuming, 3 there to heavy to use all day everyday and 4 some of the attachments being used like blowers, brooms etc are totally ineffective. For the Homeowner they maybe alright but for business No Way.

A_tank96

Threads
I understand that they would not be a good value for a large business. But I can't go more than like 11 yards, and I do 7 in 2 1/2 hours. I don't want to spend a whole lot on fancy equipment, and so I thought I would do the multitool. I really like the Echo PAS 225 vpb, it comes with the power head, trimmer and blower for 300. I know the blower is not crazy powerful, but I only need it to blow off sidewalks and grass in mulch beds.

A_tank96