What Blower Do I Need?

A_tank96

Threads
Hello,

So I have a very small lawn business. My max number of yards that I want is like ten, and right now I do seven. I think a backpack blower would be kind of overkill, but I would probably get the PB-265LN, or maybe a Stihl BR 200. I definitely like the hip throttle better than the attatched throttle. I was also looking to see if maybe a battery one would work, Because I will be spending a max of ten minutes blowing each house. I want something that will start when I need it to, and that is easy to access for maintenance I like to do myself.

Thanks,
A_tank96

Bacon8r

Threads
I'd go with the stihl. Just personal preference. I like tube mounted control a lot more, because if you ever have to bend down to pick something up or hold something or carry a lawn bag or whatever you still can fully use your blower. Also it's one less thing to think about having I the proper position, and not getting the strap tangled up in the control. Just my opinion though. Go backpack and you won't regret it. A lot more productive, but if you blow off a lot of decks or do gutters, get handheld gas. Handheld are a lot easier to maneuver. IMO a full battery system would be near the cost of a new/ slightly used nice quality gas an gas is just a lot better. IMO though

Threads
Hello,

So I have a very small lawn business. My max number of yards that I want is like ten, and right now I do seven. I think a backpack blower would be kind of overkill, but I would probably get the PB-265LN, or maybe a Stihl BR 200. I definitely like the hip throttle better than the attatched throttle. I was also looking to see if maybe a battery one would work, Because I will be spending a max of ten minutes blowing each house. I want something that will start when I need it to, and that is easy to access for maintenance I like to do myself.

Thanks,
A_tank96

I would strongly recommend an Echo blower (like the 265), but maybe not the PB-460LN unless you need a quiet backpack blower like the 265. I say this because that model costs over $100 more than the next step up, the PB-500. The 500 is a LOT more powerful so you could use it for leaf clean-up. If you don't want a backpack blower think about the Echo PB-255LN. It is quiet, AND powerful! But the 265 would be good, also.

See the following thread for details on a similar decision I am trying to make right now (look at the pros vs. cons): http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/echo-forum/15743-echo-blower-better-me.html

See this thread for my review on the Echo PB-255LN handheld blower: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/echo-forum/13035-detailed-review-my-pb-255ln-blower.html

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Stihl hand held and I have a Poulan Pro hand held as well. I had to tweak the carb on the Poulan Pro but other than that we have not had to do anything to it. I have seen it run for hours at the time. Paid like $89 for it on sale last summer. Used it blowing leaves this winter. Run it every day.

The Stihl is a more expensive unit and it works great but it won't more more air nor does it have as much air speed as the Poulan Pro. I looked at a new one in Tractor Supply last weekend. I think it was $119.

eastsidegirl92

Forum Newbie
Threads
I stand very strongly behind RedMax. I own 2 backpack blowers and I have a rather small business. No issues with either of them. change spark plugs, filters etc.....and in my opinion they are the best in the the business. I have also owned Echo and there is just no comparison. I love mine. In fact I own two RedMax Trimmers, and a Stick Edger. LOVE them. :)

BHLC

Threads
Here's another brand opinion, Kawasaki, backpack is the way to go. I have a handheld echo and a kawi bp, echo is good for quick small jobs but doesn't compare to the power in the backpack

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello,

So I have a very small lawn business. My max number of yards that I want is like ten, and right now I do seven. I think a backpack blower would be kind of overkill, but I would probably get the PB-265LN, or maybe a Stihl BR 200. I definitely like the hip throttle better than the attached throttle. I was also looking to see if maybe a battery one would work, Because I will be spending a max of ten minutes blowing each house. I want something that will start when I need it to, and that is easy to access for maintenance I like to do myself.

Thanks,
A_tank96

I think between the two you have mentioned The Stihl would be the best. The BR 200 has the larger engine along with greater fuel capacity and the better CFM (cubic feet per minute air flow) and it weighs a little less than PB-265LN They both have basically the same air velocity but the Stihl with the greater CFM should or would be a little better moving things like leaves and clearing sidewalks. The Stihl starts on the first pull and runs great all the time. It's a great little blower.

Tom59

Threads
Shindaiwa or Husky.....my shindy blows way over 200mph.....the new husky is even better. I like Echo engines Red Maxx is also good you want big power husky.....

I love mine and I do a bunch of yards every spring and fall.