What are people thinking?

Hershey

Threads
Police are looking for a man who swiped a toddler out of his grandmother's arms and they think he drove himself and the kid right into a canal. I just don't get it. What's wrong with our world? Why are so many people shooting up schools, supermarkets, and post offices?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
In the case that you cite -- in addition to the shooting in Tuscon a couple of weeks ago -- I think the common thread is untreated mental illness.

LittleRed

Threads
Oh man, that's just insane. Did he know the kid? The only time I hear of cases like this generally are when there is a custody dispute of some kind, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that were the case here.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
With over 6 Billion people running loose... there is going to be an occasional crackpot...
It's just in the percentages as to how often you encounter one of them first hand...

Nothing has changed, there has always been a small fraction of a single percent that are going to be a problem...

monica123

Threads
There was an issue in the paper, somebody posted somebody else's 2 month old baby for sale on Craigslist on Friday. what is this world coming to?

Kryten

Threads
I can only hope that when people do something like the posting on Craig's list that it's a joke. Otherwise, if it was for real, then I hope that the law became involved and that there were at least warnings issued.

BGC

Threads
I don't know what is wrong with people now days but the other day we had a doctor go nuts and tried to stab a nurse in the ER. I agree people are losing it bad.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you ever wondered if the television that people watch, or the video games sold on the market today that promote violence or the news shows that we watch that talk about crime and violence every night may contribute to half the problems people are having today. I often wonder if we the people are are own worst enemy's today?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Being exposed to the reality of living does not 'cause' anyone to do bad things...
being aware that there are those about that are up to no good, is going to be MORE beneficial than hindering someone in caring for themselves and those around ...

I have never seen anything more violent in any movie or 'game' than I have seen in real life.
I have a fairly "good imagination" and I can definitely imagine more horrific scenarios than I can find on television...
There just are MORE people, and that will increase the number of potential nut cases you will contact and read/hear about...
Having knowledge of this type of behavior is NOT the cause of it... :smile:KennyV

Kryten

Threads
I also don't think that it's related and yet-something is causing a change of late. Is it just that we have more media coverage now, so see it more? I don't know, but something is different.