What am I missing/ Fuel leak at carb

louky1150

Threads
Carb leaking gas out of air inlet, Quantum 6.5. I disassembled and cleaned the carb and replaced the needle and seat. Float is intact and has no gas inside the float. I reassembled and still have the same (large) leak. There appears to not be any adjustment on this plastic float. Is there anything else I can check when I take this apart again tomorrow? Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Couple of things to check. First did you install the seat in the proper direction, with the rings toward the carb body? Second check to make sure you didn’t roll the bowl gasket when you assembled the bowl. If it is not on square your carb will leak big time.

louky1150

Threads
Thanks to all, I will check these and report back.

louky1150

Threads
I got back on this today, using all the suggestion provided Rivets and Scrubcadet10. I think I did not have the seat pushed all the way to the bottom of the tube. I took the bowl off with the carb in place. I "could" push up on the float and stop the flow but it required some force plus felt "spongy" when it finally shut off. The float also wasn't getting to the position shown on the pics. After disassembling and replacing the seat, the problem was solved. Thanks again for the help!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for coming back with the end result and well done
The thumb test is to tip the carb upside down & try to blow through the fuel inlet
If the seat is working the empty carb will resist 7 psi ( if you have a pump ) and most can not blow that hard .

louky1150

Threads
That's a good tip. I recently purchased one of the hand held pumps.