WHAT A DEAL!!!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
We got a bunch of sale flyers in the mail yesterday, among them was a local firm that offers a "Complete chimney cleaning and deodorizing (!!!) :confused2: for the bargain price of $79.95.

Lets see now, they will come to my house, go to the roof a story and a half up, and clean two flues of my huge chimney top and inside, for only eighty bucks...WOW.

They also advertise a special for "Dryer vent cleaning"...which means they will clean my deck level, four foot long dryer vent, for the bargain price of $89.95...

WOW...WHAT A DEAL !!!!:laughing::laughing:

Wayne195

Threads
... for the bargain price of $89.95...

WOW...WHAT A DEAL !!!!:laughing::laughing:

:tongue:Sounds like a joke:confused2:! If I wanted to have my chimney or drier vent cleaned out I'd get at it and do it myself...and mind you it wouldn't cost me 90 dollars to do it...just a little time and elbow grease!:biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
:tongue:Sounds like a joke:confused2:! If I wanted to have my chimney or drier vent cleaned out I'd get at it and do it myself...and mind you it wouldn't cost me 90 dollars to do it...just a little time and elbow grease!:biggrin:

Maybe my humor was too subtle...I clean my chimney and dryer vent too, but most homeowners would be happy to pay the $80 to have it done if they were in my situation...cold, high roof, big chimney etc.

And then Mr. Sweepy says to the homeowner, as long as we are here how about we clean your dryer vent too, only another ninety bucks...can you believe ANYBODY would be so gullible? Obviously there are some folks who take the deal...:thumbdown::frown:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe my humor was too subtle...I clean my chimney and dryer vent too, but most homeowners would be happy to pay the $80 to have it done if they were in my situation...cold, high roof, big chimney etc.

And then Mr. Sweepy says to the homeowner, as long as we are here how about we clean your dryer vent too, only another ninety bucks...can you believe ANYBODY would be so gullible? Obviously there are some folks who take the deal...:thumbdown::frown:

I didn't catch the humor in the original post but I did think that the $80 was a teaser to get in the door and sell more services.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I didn't catch the humor in the original post but I did think that the $80 was a teaser to get in the door and sell more services.

THe humor was that the price to clean the chimney was reasonable considering the work and time involved, and they think people are dumb enough to pay ten bucks more than the chimney cleaning price to have a dryer vent cleaned...I have NEVER seen a dryer vent that would take more than ten minutes to clean at most. Only a complete idiot would expect to earn or pay $90 for that service.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Only a complete idiot would expect to earn or pay $90 for that service.

JDgreen is right, BUT unfortunately there is more than one "complete idiot", that thinks he is a commercial 'business man'...

Many of those types have someone else working a real job, to keep them 'pretending' to have a business going.
They last around 3 to 5 years at most till their financial supporters get wise and then they disappear...

Wayne195

Threads
Seems to me that there are quite a few people out there that are igorant enough to pay someone that amount to have thier dryer vent cleaned out:rolleyes: Some people simply are too lazy to take the time and get the job done! And others or uncapable to do it themselves and don't realize the ignorance of the price.:confused2:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
And perhaps I should have mentioned the coupon for the dryer vent cleaning offer says "regular price $109.95". I'm trying to post this from my Blackberry, was able to log into LMF but have never tried to post from this before.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... I'm trying to post this from my Blackberry, was able to log into LMF but have never tried to post from this before.

I have used my Android phone at times to post... phones today are just too handy... :smile:KennyV

Wayne195

Threads
I have used my Android phone at times to post... phones today are just too handy... :smile:KennyV

:smile::smile: I've used a Ipad a few times, but I never tried posting on a forum with it.