Wet plug

Apollos7

Threads
I inherited a Craftsman rototiller. It ran rough and oil was coming out the OHV cover. I cleaned it up, cleaned the piston head, seated the valves, and put new seals and gaskets in. It ran great. I put it away for the winter. This spring I put new fuel and a little Sea Foam in, and tilled up my garden. It ran great. When I was done I tried to throttle it down while I cleaned it up. It stalled and would not restart. I pulled the plug, and it was wet. I dried it . It ran for a second and stalled. It did the same over and over. I took the bowl off, and the needle valve seemed to be holding. I decided to put a new carb on anyway. It did the same thing. The oil doesn’t seem to have any gas in it. The compression is 120. What’s going on?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Removing the fuel bowl should of dumped fuel all over the place. From what you wrote, carb needle is sticking closed. Still no flow, remove or crack open the fuel cap. Cap is vented. If your cap is not venting, no fuel flow to carb. Would be like placing your hand over the fuel cap area. THAT will stop fuel flow to the carb.

slomo

Apollos7

Threads
The tiller has a fuel shut off. When I raise the float, the fuel stops . When I drop it ,it flows. Even so, I tried a new carb. I think I can eliminate the carb.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wet plugs, to me, sound like the needle is sticking open flooding the engine. Is this a 454 Chevy or a Mazda rotary engine? Post up your ENGINE numbers. Need to know what kind of carb you are working with.

So fuel is not the problem. Air filter plugged up 100%? No spark? You have good compression. I would change your air filter and the sparkler.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Throttling down on a splash lube engine is not recommended. These small engines are not car engines with oil pumps. Some of these do have pumps. I don't know what you have.

slomo

Apollos7

Threads
It is an INTEK I/C 206 6.5 hp
B&S 120412-0111-E1
I checked out the flywheel today. The key’s in place.

Apollos7

Threads
I get a blue to orange spark on a gap tester set at .03”. Ohm meter reads .7 on the coil.

Apollos7

Threads
Yes, I got a new plug and so filter today. It started( just like when I dried the old plug) , but it kept running. It is lugging and puffing some smoke. I have a feeling I will be changing that plug again. It must still be getting oil in the cylinder. Maybe I need to get new valves. I polished the stems lightly with orchid cloth, when I put the new seals in. Well, no more throttling down . I shut the fuel shut off, and let her run out.