Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Hi Everybody,

We've opened a new topic for the discussion of snow removal equipment---blades, blowers, sweepers and whatever else you use to remove snow. :wink:

173abn

Threads
Muhammad,man I sure hate to think about snow right now but the forum should be interesting. russ

Deerlope

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am all set with two Bolens tractors, one with a blower and the other with a push plow. If they can not handle it I will get out the 50 HP Kubota with the heated cab and its 8 foot power angle plow. Oh and did I mention it has a cd player and radio.

carbuilder

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI new to the form.
Have a 2007 Cub Cadet with blower. Last year I was determinded not to freeze when clearing snow. I designed and built a clover for me. Used PVC from Lowe's and some clear 40 MM vinyl to make a clear cover (like a golf cart cover) for the operator area. The result is a 100% view when clearing, no snow on me, and some engine heat to the operator area. The project cost $127.50. The vinyl is held to the PVC with vlecro tape. It is attached at four points on the frame with pipe hangers used for plumbing.

In addition the scraper blade on the blower was replaced with a tire! cut the side walls off a tire then cut across the tread. That was a very hard job. Layed the tire flat tread down and bolted the tire to the bottom of the blower. Took some work to get the position correct. Now the blower scraper i a tire tread and walks over the uneven concrete. Scraper blad cost $125.00 Used tire $5.00 with elbow grease.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
This past winter we had 2 storms of 20" & 24" here in VA. A neighbor took these while I was cleaning their drive.
FebSnow1.jpg FebSnow2.jpg FebSnow3.jpg

This is the VENTRAC 4200 VXD 31 Hp with 2 stage 60" blower. No problem with these snow storms. Our drive + 8 neighbors (most drives 1/8 to 1/4 mile long) + our road out to the main road (1/2 mile).

LOVE this Tractor ! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

dusty-t

Threads
Glad to see this forum, should be interesting. I love playing in the snow. WOOOOOO- HOOOOOO:thumbsup::thumbsup: Dusty

hunting404

Threads
HI new to the form.
Have a 2007 Cub Cadet with blower. Last year I was determinded not to freeze when clearing snow. I designed and built a clover for me. Used PVC from Lowe's and some clear 40 MM vinyl to make a clear cover (like a golf cart cover) for the operator area. The result is a 100% view when clearing, no snow on me, and some engine heat to the operator area. The project cost $127.50. The vinyl is held to the PVC with vlecro tape. It is attached at four points on the frame with pipe hangers used for plumbing.

In addition the scraper blade on the blower was replaced with a tire! cut the side walls off a tire then cut across the tread. That was a very hard job. Layed the tire flat tread down and bolted the tire to the bottom of the blower. Took some work to get the position correct. Now the blower scraper i a tire tread and walks over the uneven concrete. Scraper blad cost $125.00 Used tire $5.00 with elbow grease.

Carbuilder: Do you have ant photos of your handywork? Sounds like a cost effective solution for staying dry.

carbuilder

Forum Newbie
Threads

Attachments

• IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 9

Driller

Threads
That is so clever of you. I love the innovation that I see here. My brain just doesn't operate in that way, so I have to just admire the creativity I see here.