Weird Issue - Engine Bogs & Stalls When Engaging Mower

I agree with Mike 73 about a possible bad coil! My John Deere with Kawasaki engine would run fine until I engaged clutch and then it would bog down. See if you have spark to both plugs! Found out that I had a bad coil. I replaced both and machine runs like new!
 
Sounds like a short in the electric PTO clutch that is dragging the battery down. Should be a fuse on the PTO circuit, though. If it was a safety switch problem the engine wouldn’t lug down, it would just die due to the ignition being shut off.
 
IT could be a lot of things , many of which some of you have eluded to.
That is why he was asked to do some tests a week ago .
We await his reply because our time should not be wasted either .
 
No, I typed it laying in bed. Did it sound like a good possible cause or a crappy one. Just wondering if I should be insulted or pleased with your accusation? I'm thinking insulted but thanks for reading my reply.
I never insult anybody on here. My post was jokingly referring to the original post.
 
You said "it bogs down then stalls"! Do mean it sounds like it is straining then stalls? or do you mean it just stops running






























































/
 
Back
Top