Weedeater One issues

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have seen a lot of negative on the weedeater. Looks like a cheaper made mower. I would say pay now for a brand name mower or pay later for repairs on the Weedeater. I say keep buying the Weedeater or MTD and give me money to fix them.

rolonhiway

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought them so they are under warranty. I am going to run the hell out of them until it cant be fixed under warranty. I retired from the military and you bet they will no longer be for Sale in The Military BX or PX ever again.
Once out of warranty I will take the worse one and replace it then use the parts to fix the other one. I just don't like the time frame in the shop. It can take up to 3 or 4 weeks to get parts and no where on the internet can you find the tires or tubes for the front 4.00.:mad:

Walleteater1

Threads
You can forget about getting a tire from anywhere else than the manufacture. Last year I took the blown out tire to the place that does their service and they had to order a new one for me. Apparently that is the only machine on the face of the earth ( I'm not jokin') that uses this size and type of tire. The only thing you could do if a tire goes and your machine is not on warranty anymore is to either pay up to the manufacture for new ones or look into replacing both front wheels rims and all to the next size up, the good news is they can usually be had at the Tractor supply type places etc. off the shelf. It may throw your mowing off being higher up in the front if you go that route. I haven't tried this but it's an idea of mine for down the road if need be.
Good luck with Ya'll machines 'cause you'll need it!

rolonhiway

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where do you find a front tire tube 10x4.00-4? The valve stem broke off on mine and I have searched the web without results.

I didn't I bought 4.10/3.50-4 and it worked fine. You can find these anywhere. I bought mine at Tractor Supply and RKO also has them. This is really a common tube and tire. Good Luck.
Bill

JRinGeorgia

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also bought one of these mowers new, mid-summer 2010. Here it is two years later and the thing is dead, transmission died. Before that the steering stripped, the brakes had failed, the tread had worn off all the tires, and one of the tires went flat. I agree with others, this thing is not built to last. First came disposable pens, now I suppose disposable riding mowers.

Normf

Threads
Hi Walleteater1 .....Ah you're my kind of guy I have had so much trouble with this (WE1) too much to write about in this one post
ah mostly tires on this &%^&* thing so I ended up replacing ..the front wheels with some old hard solid rubber wheels that fixed that
:laughing: couldn't find solid rubber ones for the rear so I had to buy two new ones for the back well even that is a long story in itself.
:rolleyes:
I'll add to this if you want on reply
: )
Normf

Normf

Threads
Despite jbxtex's advice not to remove engine on the riding mowerWE126 ....I did anyway.
It was easier to completely dismantle the transmission and clean it up.
So now that I have dismantled it ....I can see that the main problem is the part
that looks like a large jar lid with a rubber "tire" on the edge.
.....So if anyone can give me a good link on where to buy a low priced replacement?
thank you!
this old one is really chewed up !
Normf

Jacob044

Forum Newbie
Threads
Despite jbxtex's advice not to remove engine on the riding mowerWE126 ....I did anyway.
It was easier to completely dismantle the transmission and clean it up.
So now that I have dismantled it ....I can see that the main problem is the part
that looks like a large jar lid with a rubber "tire" on the edge.
.....So if anyone can give me a good link on where to buy a low priced replacement?
thank you!
this old one is really chewed up !
Normf

Ereplacementparts.com part #532428301 Disc, Friction Asm....Looks like it. I might be looking for the same part myself soon. Hope this helps