Weedeater One issues

Walleteater1

Threads
Hello, This is my first post and new here. Back in late April of this year I purchased a brand new Weedeater One mower and thought I got value for my money but I have had problems with it. The first time I used it the seat fell off with me in it, the bolt rattled away. I have only used it about 10 times and after the third time using it the brake cable plastic clip broke and I had to truck it 30 miles to a service center per the customer help line and they had it about 3 weeks to fix it. When I got it back the battery was dead, most likely the service center was negligent and left the key on or something so I can't blame the mower itself. While using it the blade belt came off do to a hooked metal gaurd coming loose. The problem now is the odd size 10x4.00-4 tire has blown out from the inner sidewall and is currently in the shop for that. The customer service line after questioning them finally lets me know all along that their is a warranty service rep only 8 miles away that they never told me the first time about. My question is does anybody else have one of these little riders and have experienced the same problems or have some insight for me as what to expect next. Unfortunately I beleive I got what I paid for. I cannot reccomend this model to anyone else now.

Lukeslawn

Threads
Weed eater is a bad brand, very poor quality... Last year I bought a weed eater whipper snipper and after 3 uses a part of the motor broke, when I called they claimed they didn't have a replacement part for it... It's worth the extra money to buy brand name.

noma

Threads
Hi Walleteaterone

Yes that is true weed eater are not good quality mower any more, not sure they where to good when they first came out so it can only get worse.Sorry to hear you got a lemon.:mad:

needwindex

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is a replacement to the brake cable for sale on the auction place... It is kit that will replace the cable and last forever.

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
Last brand new tractor i bot was way back in '92, a White LT12 - i bot it from a local JD dealer- i didnt really have any reason to look it over when i bot it - i pretty much mowed with it for 4 years before any issues popped up.

Unfortunately today with cheep materials, build low, sell high ideals - i wouldnt buy anything brand new , UNLESS i took it apart myself and went over it with a fine tooth comb.

I have a older '99 weedeater tractor( craftsman based)- i bot it well used, it needed a total rebuild, but its a darn good mowing machine today .

I googled a pic of one - dang it looks like a cross between a snapper RER ( tube frame) , push mower and go kart...... you could most likely use air filled tires for a 2 wheeled cart as a replacement - my 70 toro 550 uses tires that small.

jamesslcx

Threads
Dangeroustoys56 you are right about the newer ones. I always wanted a new J.D. but I would have to buy it from a box store so I might try to find an older used one, I dont need it really....my old M.T.D just keeps trucking along. Some people swear by the Weedeater Ones some swear at them so I guess luck plays a part in owning one.

Walleteater1

Threads
Since I got the new tire, under warranty, there has been no new issues yet.

jamesslcx

Threads
Walleteater1, one of my friends I worked with at W.M bought one from there and she loves everything about her Weedeater 1. She is single and could not afford to spend a couple thousand just to mow her grass, used two seasons now and just reg. maintenance and tightening of some bolts.:thumbsup:

jwlavy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since I got the new tire, under warranty, there has been no new issues yet.
Where do you find a front tire tube 10x4.00-4? The valve stem broke off on mine and I have searched the web without results.

rolonhiway

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought two of the Weed Eater Ones. My daughters the Brake cable broke and the rear Tube when the Air Valve broke off.
So then on mine both rear tires same thing. Yesterday right front same thing Air Valve.
Then I cant get them into reverse. I had them at the shop and now again the reverse is hard to get it into reverse.
These things are junk and I cant find any tubes for 10X4.00-4. So I bought a 3.50 and over inflating it to make it work. The wires are also coming out of the tire from the inside.
Any help.:mad: