Weed eater one

jamesslcx

Threads
Walleteater1 thanks for your advice and I value it highly, it's always good to hear a good honest opinion based on actual experience!

Craftsman13

Threads
Thanks guys it's good to obtain knowledge from people with experience with this mower.

JimR

Forum Newbie
Threads
Purchased July 2010 to mow 1/2 acre, slightly hilly, with cyclone fence across part - hence need for narrow deck. Loved the idea it was assembled in U.S., but evidently by morons. Issues in last 3 months: 2 leaky innertubes, reverse doesn't always work, electric start quit, hard steering. Took it to authorized dealer 2 wks ago...diagnosis: blown head gasket, drive disc needs replacing, steering linkage bent, all estimated at $450. Still under warranty but dealer says attempt to get reimbursement from Weed-eater is like pulling teeth. Never again.

Walleteater1

Threads
I took mine to 2 authorized dealers and they got reimbursed. Either Weedeater are now dragging their feet beacuse this junk machine is banktrupting them or your repair guy is playing both sides of the fence or simply doesn't want to work on this junk anymore. Good Luck.

Walleteater1

Threads
Weedeater one assemblers

Attachments

• inbreds.jpg
    inbreds.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 18

Parkmower

Threads
I thought that was Robert brown and his sister???

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Purchased July 2010 to mow 1/2 acre, slightly hilly, with cyclone fence across part - hence need for narrow deck. Loved the idea it was assembled in U.S., but evidently by morons. Issues in last 3 months: 2 leaky innertubes, reverse doesn't always work, electric start quit, hard steering. Took it to authorized dealer 2 wks ago...diagnosis: blown head gasket, drive disc needs replacing, steering linkage bent, all estimated at $450. Still under warranty but dealer says attempt to get reimbursement from Weed-eater is like pulling teeth. Never again.

Have filed hundreds of claims with poulan and ayp both over the last 11 years and have never had a problem getting paid. Usually within 2 weeks of summission. All claims are filed online with no problems whatsoever.

jamesslcx

Threads
If I was a prof. repair man as long as I was getting paid I would turn nobody away no matter what the mower.:thumbsup:

mowitall.cl

Threads
Much better unit same size is snapper rear engine rider can get manual start to save money but tuff as nails easy to work on and basically same since 80's

oldsailor

Forum Newbie
Threads
hey gang, i bought one of these a couple of years ago. my hips won't take the punishment of mowing any longer. researched this little unit fairly well and thought it would really suit my needs and stay within my budget. now i'm looking into trying to rebuild the transmission myself, but fear that my wife will roll her eyes, again, and i should wisely trade it in...if anyone will take it. ha. have had the usual number of reported problems, the very best thing about this mower is that it has a bullet proof briggs&stratton engine and a pretty good seat. in a nutshell...just snake oil.