Weather Forcast Thru Thurs.

indypower

Threads
weather-forcast.jpg

AndyMan

Threads
The kids were wishing for a snow day today but no luck - not even a delay. The buses slogged through unplowed roads, running up to 20 minutes late. The snow stopped now, so if they had done a 2-hour delay it would have been a much more pleasant morning.

Tomorrow might be a different story. I'll be surprised if they go at all.

JasonB

Threads
Yeah, my part of Ontario Canada is looking like it will be getting hit hard as well, might not get as much as predicted in US, but are looking at maybe 20- 30 cm of snow by Wednesday afternoon. I got the 2305Deere fueled up with the 48" blower and have my Simplicity Walk-behind blower gased up and waiting for the storm to hit... But even though I don't mind snow removal, we are running out of room to blow the snow.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah, my part of Ontario Canada is looking like it will be getting hit hard as well, might not get as much as predicted in US, but are looking at maybe 20- 30 cm of snow by Wednesday afternoon. I got the 2305Deere fueled up with the 48" blower and have my Simplicity Walk-behind blower gased up and waiting for the storm to hit... But even though I don't mind snow removal, we are running out of room to blow the snow.

Mid-Michigan where I live has a severe winter storm warning beginning about 6 pm tonite, forecast is for blizzard conditions from then on and a total of 12-17 inches of snow overnight with high winds. I don't mind snow removal when it is cold but the wind is very hard to deal with especially when the snow is drifiting. All of my neighbors are counting on me though...nothing new.

173abn

Threads
Here in my parts having a blizzard.Is groundhog day tomorrow? russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here in my parts having a blizzard.Is groundhog day tomorrow? russ

Yes it is Russ, smart guy !!! I comepletely forgot about it. It's 18 degrees here with a stiff wind coming out of the east, supposed to begin snowing about 7 pm here.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
...we are running out of room to blow the snow.

In some cities, there's no room to plow snow to the side so it has to be loaded and hauled away.:wink:

I'm glad I live in the South -- it's a typical winter day: 45F with rain.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Current weather in mid Michigan at 8:30 pm is 18 degrees, 20 mph wind is blasting to the southwest, and snowfall is coming down at about 2 inches per hour now. They predict the heaviest snowfall of this blizzard to peak at about 9 am tomorrow. All schools are closed. I have volunteered to help several of my neighbors with snow removal tomorrow. Being retired, it makes me feel useful when I can help others.

jenkinsph

Threads
Just past midnight here in New Mexico about 120 miles north of El Paso TX it is -4F and our high for tomorrow is 3F. Snowing here with about 10" so far and another 10" expected the next 24 hrs. Supposed to hit -15F Thursday am. That is pretty cold for a southern state in my book.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow what elevation are you at for that cold??
Your right about too cold for a southern state....
Keep warm... :smile:KennyV