Wanted: Wiring diagram for briggs

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Looking for a free wiring diagram for briggs md: 407777 type :0167

Last edited:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The best that you will get is the B&S engine parts manuals.
Go to this link, click on riding mowers, then enter the engine numbers. You then can download the parts manual in a pdf and save it to your documents.
Find Your Small Engine Owners Manual | Briggs and Stratton Parts
Depending on the engine spec, the wiring varies depending on the type of charging system installed.
You may be able to find the service manual for B&S Intek twins on line, manual # 273521. In this manual are several wiring diagrams, I will scan the diagrams and attach them in another post in a little while.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here are two electrical diagrams from manual # 273521. You can rotate and print them if you would like.

Attachments

• B&S 400000 engine electrical from Manual 273521.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 20

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
That is exactly what I need for my engine I found my Manuel but I can't find a diagram in them for this peticuler engine

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Theres no diagram in any of the ten manuels it pulls up when I type the model/type in.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The B&S parts manuals will show the different electrical harnesses, but no wiring diagram. These engines have two electrical circuits, ignition and 12 volt electrical. They are two separate circuits, but come together at the engine harness connector, but not connected electrically.
B&S service manuals are available for sale, but some may be downloadable on line, do a search for B&S service manual 273521.

Last edited:

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Two things 1: My ignition switch has only 5 prongs and the one in the diagram has 6 on all the ones I found online. 2: what is the regulator/rectifier that the alternator goes to? Also on the diagram it doesn't say anything about a PTO switch I take it that that should already be hooked up and everything right? does it tie into any of the wires? The engine originally came off a riding mower not a zero turn and the rider had a spring for the deck instead of a clutch switch? I don't know if the deck clutch has anything to do with the solinoid or anything like that. Thanks for all your help, Micah :smile:

file:///C:/Users/Student/Downloads/B&S%20400000%20engine%20electrical%20from%20Manual%20273521%283%29.pdf

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
I also can not find a wiring diagram for the mower. I have the scematic for it but I can't read those very well.: