Walker T27i bogs down cutting grass

Tkscheinost

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recent issue, I’ve ran through all maintenance check lists, oil, grease, axel grease, new belts, new gas and oil filters, levels are good all the way around. Cutting grass slow, I mean real slow, works just fine, start to pick up speed and I lose power and it bogs down. The Walker T27i is EFI, no carb so can’t do much there. I checked pto gearbox and oil is good, no leaks, no lose pto shaft, no free play, but definitely doesn’t want to turn blades in lawns I’ve been hitting every week, I’m absolutely at a lost. Can’t afford to drop what I’m doing and take it to the dealer, they are slower than the IRS, talk about 15-25 days before they’ll do anything, ALL maintenance is on me

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If one mower down kills your business, you need a different mower. Push mowers for example.

Drain the tank into a glass jar. Look for water. Change the air filter. Look for weak spark.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Kohler have their engine manuals, including theEFI ones on line as a free download.
I don't have any EFI customers to date so have not bothered to come up to speed yet

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
they are slower than the IRS, talk about 15-25 days before they’ll do anything, ALL maintenance is on me
A wait a minute I have been trying to get my refund for the last three years so if they are slower than the IRS (Idiot Ran Service) you are in very deep trouble.

Tkscheinost

Forum Newbie
Threads
If one mower down kills your business, you need a different mower. Push mowers for example.

Drain the tank into a glass jar. Look for water. Change the air filter. Look for weak spark.
Wouldn’t kill my business, but it’s high demand, 45 weekly lawns solo can’t be done with a walk behind, like I originally said all maintenance was done man, air filter was mentioned, all plugs are done, no water in the tank, all new gas filters. It’s a 20k mower, no other mower can handle the demand that Ive tried

Tkscheinost

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kohler have their engine manuals, including theEFI ones on line as a free download.
I don't have any EFI customers to date so have not bothered to come up to speed yet
Thinking that I’ll need to buy the diagnostic tool $500 and the software comes with it, I’m going to have to diagnose it myself

Tkscheinost

Forum Newbie
Threads
A wait a minute I have been trying to get my refund for the last three years so if they are slower than the IRS (Idiot Ran Service) you are in very deep trouble.
Adams Tractor - Spokane, Wa… the worst. Avoid if you’re reading this and you’re in this area. Take your Walker to Regan in CDA. Last time Adams worked on my Walker took him 21 days (business days), after telling me only 4-6 days

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wouldn't of paid $20,000 on "a" lawn mower regardless of brand name. No profit in it. And like now you are making zero dollars looking at a dead mower.

And 45 yards a week? I did that with two push mower guys and one trim guy. We were done by Wednesday evening with that light load. This was way back before 0-turns. We had cemeteries and several commercial properties as well in the mix. We had less than $2,000 in equipment and raked in the cash.

Tkscheinost

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wouldn't of paid $20,000 on "a" lawn mower regardless of brand name. No profit in it. And like now you are making zero dollars looking at a dead mower.

And 45 yards a week? I did that with two push mower guys and one trim guy. We were done by Wednesday evening with that light load. This was way back before 0-turns. We had cemeteries and several commercial properties as well in the mix. We had less than $2,000 in equipment and raked in the cash.
Haha no profit?! Ha what a joke, I do $3,500/weekly, I own 3 Walkers, it’s a simple question what someone experienced in Walker, not for some clown to spew of bunch of nonsensical and irrelevant bs. And it’s not dead numb nuts, it’s simply bogging down under cutting, and for your information I happened to solve the issue. I’d love to see you mow these lawns with a push mower, we’d laugh

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Haha no profit?! Ha what a joke, I do $3,500/weekly, I own 3 Walkers, it’s a simple question what someone experienced in Walker, not for some clown to spew of bunch of nonsensical and irrelevant bs. And it’s not dead numb nuts, it’s simply bogging down under cutting, and for your information I happened to solve the issue. I’d love to see you mow these lawns with a push mower, we’d laugh
We ran about $6500 a week back in the late 80's 6 days a week. We did flowers for a very large burger chain plus all their grass. Same burger joints on the turn pikes. About 18 large commercial properties (schools and vo-techs) and about 55 yards. Once we started getting these we got a 48" Johnny Deere belt drive walk behind. Bunch of church properties and their mega mansion homes. All equipment and trucks were paid for. Brings back memories. 3 guys, 2 Tanaka backpack blowers and 3 trimmers, 3 Snapper push mowers, 1 walk behind and later 2 stroke hedge trimmers LOL. We would bust arse all summer. Then go off shore fishing all winter in the Azores, Phillipines or Oman. Scuba diving and drinking beer.....

You got to be making more than $3500 a week. Maybe that's net profit??? Things are 8 times more expensive now than 35 years ago LOL. Anyway glad to hear your mower is running again.