Vtwin intek almost stalls under load

choi0706

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a issue with my mower, well two issues to be exact.

It starts fine, however the idle rpm is pretty high, I checked the spring and it's correctly on the bracket. The other issue I have is the engine will die if I try to mow the grass. The rpms drop a lot when I try to mow, it jumps back up once you disengage the blades.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First do a cylinder balance test as it sounds like one cylinder is not working.

choi0706

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will try it out this weekend, however what else do I check if both sides are getting spark?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will try it out this weekend, however what else do I check if both sides are getting spark?
You check it for more than that. Just unplug the plug wire on one side, and try to start.
Then do so on the other side. If it starts on one side only, then you know what side your problem is on.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like a blown head gasket on one cylinder.

choi0706

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok so I replaced fuel filter. Oil. Fresh fuel. Sparkplugs

Both sides got spark, but pulling the right side kills the engine. And pulling the left does nothing. Something wrong with left side. After pulling both plugs out, and cranking the motor it feels like both sides have equal compression. I did not have a gauge with me.

choi0706

Forum Newbie
Threads
Opened up the valve cover to find a loose intake pushrod and fallen retaining nut.

choi0706

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I turn the flywheel the pushrod does not want to go back in.

choi0706

Forum Newbie
Threads
I managed to re install the push rod and reset the lash.

But now the engine over revs. I believe something is wrong with the governor arm.