Very pleased with my Honda Mower - It's not the problem

BoCoMo

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Very pleased with my Honda Mower - It's not the problem
Hello all - My name is Steve, I am an active mowaholic.
Bought this in 2014
CIMG6699.jpg
Right out of the gate, I must come clean.
Yesterday morning, I decided to mow.
My mower, as mentioned, is a Honda. An exceptional machine. Starts 1st pull every time, mows, mulches, it's wonderful.
Modern portable phones, cell phones, whatever the latest buzz term is, "smart phones", well, I sure like them as well.
And at that moment, used to listen to music - be it a radio station from St. Louis (KSHE) or the music saved on the "phone", tunes makes the mowing go better.
I elected to use my earmuff hearing protectors over my skull candy ear phones, why not!
Pull the mower out of the shed, starts first pull.
I love this mower - the blade does not turn until you activate it. So, I can start anywhere, in gravel, for example. And if/when I "loan" it to a friend in Columbia, when she crosses the creek in the back of the yard, she can stop the blades, motor keeps running, easier to start and stop, it is a wonderful feature.
Anyway, perfect mowing weather yesterday, I remembered to raise the deck a notch, as suggested by my next door neighbor, and off I go.
Having recently mowed, and raising the deck, which made it hard to see exactly where I had been, so I had to pay close attention.
After I had done maybe 80% of the back yard, I was getting a little frustrated - even with the wonderful music playing -
Did I have the deck too high?
Wait - wait a second!
For whatever reason, the blade was not turning - I - I must of let the activator turn off and with the earmuffs and headphones, well, never missed it - and with the motor running, well, it felt like it was mowing -
Most of my back yard, yep, had to re-mow it all......
Lesson learned!
Greetings all!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do not text etc. & drive. Isn't it something, we humans mess up every day, myself included.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm pleased to announce this month's winner for "Best First Post."

What a fun read...thanks for sharing.

BoCoMo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm pleased to announce this month's winner for "Best First Post."

What a fun read...thanks for sharing.

Thank you and you are welcome!

Mowed today, Mowday is one of my favorite days!

Completed 1st oil change, cleaned air filter, printed service manual pages for valve adjustment specifications and more fun!

mikeypizano

Threads
Thank you and you are welcome!

Mowed today, Mowday is one of my favorite days!

Completed 1st oil change, cleaned air filter, printed service manual pages for valve adjustment specifications and more fun!

You think you love to cut grass? I did 6 yards yesterday! Honda is currently sitting at 527.4 hours!

Threads
You think you love to cut grass? I did 6 yards yesterday! Honda is currently sitting at 527.4 hours!

I was running my mower from 10:00AM to 7:30PM on lawns this past Saturday, not including time to eat 2 meals. I don't know how many hours it has on it, but it has been getting its workout!

mikeypizano

Threads
I was running my mower from 10:00AM to 7:30PM on lawns this past Saturday, not including time to eat 2 meals. I don't know how many hours it has on it, but it has been getting its workout!

I put an hour meter on mine. One of the best things I have ever done.