Export thread

Ventrac Troubles

S

sheri

I have a Ventrac Turbo Diesel 4200VXD and am having some problems. It blew the oil seal out of the oil filter 2 times in the last 2 days. It was tightened properly and the old seal was not left in it. what could be causing this to happen?

BKBrown

BKBrown

Hi Sheri,

I don't have the Turbo Diesel, but you might want to put this in the Ventrac Forum and send Ventrac (member here) a PM -- he can ask his engineering department.

Have you tried the Ventrac web site ??

Sounds like there might be an issue with the filters and the bypass ??

BKBrown

BKBrown

View Profile: Ventrac - Lawn Mower Forum

This is a link to Ventrac -- I'm sure he will help !

I LOVE my Ventrac !

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

I would avoid running that until you fix or pinpoint the problem.
Is it time to replace the air filter? Have you had dusty conditions? By all means check the air filter before you start it again.
I don't know much about Ventrac's but.....
Is a turbo really necessary on that machine?

K

KennyV

That is a Briggs & Stratton diesel, right?.... :smile:KennyV

BKBrown

BKBrown

The Ventrac uses a Briggs/Daihatsu 3 Cyl 31 Hp turbo Diesel.

Briggs uses the same block for the 26.5 Hp non-turbo Diesel and 31 Hp Gas (that I have).

I haven't seen the OP reply yet.

S

sheri

That is a Briggs & Stratton diesel, right?.... :smile:KennyV

Yes it was made for Briggs & stratton.

BKBrown

BKBrown

Sheri,

Have you contacted Ventrac or your dealer ?

Is it possible that you are using a filter that is slightly too long (tall) ?
Any filter over 3" from base to top will contact the lift arm when it is raised and either bend or cut the filter. You need to either use stock filters or find one that has the same specs as the OEM filter.

Ventrac

Ventrac

Sheri,
I believe you e-mailed our service department yesterday and you should have received a response yesterday afternoon.
If the answer helped you out, great!
If you are still unsure and need some more assistance, feel free to call us at 866-836-8722 and ask for Bob in the service department, he would be glad to help you out!
Good luck :thumbsup: