Vanguard carb backorder saga continues.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't deal with the number of engines some of you guys do, but I've bought four Chinese carbs for personal use over the years and they have all worked great. They even sent me the tool to adjust the two cycle carb.
The difference is.
When people buy a dud carb from an on line shyster, the equipment ends up in one of our workshops with the line
I don't know what is wrong it can't be the xyz becaause I have just replaced it .
Nine time out of 10 it is the xyz because it was bad out of the box
about 1/2 the customers accept this but the other 1/2 scream & carry on because they think I am forcing them to buy one of my more expensive xyz's when all that needed to be done was a "secret adjustment " that I will not reveal to them because all of technicans are gypsies trams & thieves .
Even worse is when a defective xyz has created a problem down stream , like a bad batch of started that over time melt the battery cables & burn out alternators because they just about flatten the battery every time they get used and the owner turns their mower on & off 30 times each mow .
It is a lottery
Some vendors are good & only sell products that they know are good.
Most unfortuneately are just surplus goods retailers , buy what ever is cheap & sell it for a profit with no idea about what they are selling, where it came from and why it was so cheap ( Quality Control rejects )

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And they don't back up what they sold either Bert.

Oh well the carburetor kit for the 19G engine I just finished which was on back order for two months just went NLA. I glad I pieced together a kit from individual parts instead..

catman606

Threads
And they don't back up what they sold either Bert.

Oh well the carburetor kit for the 19G engine I just finished which was on back order for two months just went NLA. I glad I pieced together a kit from individual parts instead..
Oh I agree the aftermarket carbs wouldn't be something that a repair shop that stands behind their work would want to use. But I do my own repairs, so I know what I'm getting.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh I agree the aftermarket carbs wouldn't be something that a repair shop that stands behind their work would want to use. But I do my own repairs, so I know what I'm getting.
The only problem is that I was referring to Briggs OEM parts. They will not back up their warranty when it is a non dealer that buys from them. I lost a couple hundred dollars on bad fuel solenoids. It is the same with Kohler too as lost money having to buy two coils that were bad under warranty. Both want the local dealer to file the claims and when they don't then both say tough luck.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like my backordered Vanguard carb from almost a year ago has been shipped with deliver tomorrow.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A repair shop, a good one will repair equipment to the directions of the customer and not brand snobbery
We buy aftermarket carbs from wholesale suppliers who purchase them from certified factories with good quality control & down here sell them with 12 month exchange warranty
I for one never fit OEM branded parts unless I can not get an aftermarket part of known good quality or the customer specifically asks for only OEM parts.
If I was to use nothing but OEM parts then there would be 200 unfinished jobs in the yard and my average turn around would be over 6 months which is not much use for the customer .
A good repair shop guarantees their work and all mine come with 12 months warranty and they honour this warranty without question.
own here I get genuine parts from vendors in Hong kong faster than I get B & S parts from the local dealers
MTD parts will arrive faster when ordered from Jacks Small Engines in the USA than the local MTD dealer unless I pay a $ 75 priority pick & delivery fee.
Stihl parts are the same .
Stihl have a minimum order so I either have to ring every Stihl dealer in the region to see if they are about to place an order and then of curse have to dive to Woop Woop to pick them up .
or
I can place the order with Hurzl in China and have it delivered in 2 weeks to my door for 1/2 to 1/3 the price
Kohler parts come from a Prime Line dealer in the USA because while Kohler do keep a good inventory, I can get a good quality aftermarket from the USA faster & cheaper delivered to my door than I can get it from a local dealer 15 miles away .
making the customer wait 3 to 200 times as long for their repair & charging them 2 to 3 times as much is not providing a good service to anyone .