Used Ferris vs. new Bad Boy

Wobbie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all. I own about 3 acres of lawn that I mow. Looking to buy my first ztr this spring. My budget is $3500. I know a guy who is selling an '06 ferris is1000 52" cut with 600 hours on it. The mower is in great shape. He's asking $3500. Today in the paper I saw Tractor Supply selling the Bad Boy magnum zturns (their exclusives) for the same price, brand new.
I've read mixed reviews on bad boy mowers. People either love them or hate them. Ferris seems good all around but pricey. Of these two mowers, what would you all suggest? Thanks for any advice.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd choose the Bad Boy over the Ferris. Bad Boy would be under warranty because its new. Ferris is no warranty no return since you are buying in a private sale.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ferris is a well made commercial mower that will last you a life time if cared for. With 600 hrs. on it is just getting broke in. You will be getting a lot more mower for your money with the Ferris then the Bad Boy. I wouldn't give the warranty a second thought.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you have actual Bad Boy dealer in your area then go and see if you test drive one. Then test drive the Ferris. Get feel for both by test driving them both before you buy.