patched1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 26
  • patched2.jpg
    patched2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 22

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would have done just what it looks like you did... Grind it smooth, radius out any sharp angles an go with it...

The bind you are feeling is likely a bit of out of round that happened to the bottom when it tweaked it... if it is bad you could releave it a bit, but it sounds like it is not that bad...
I would not try to build a hi performance engine with that block... but for what your doing it should be GREAT... :smile:KennyV

panthersfan

Threads
For those that may be interested. I finished putting this engine together today and just finished mowing with it tonight. Runs GREAT, I really appreciate everyones input. I'm glad I joined this forum, you guys know your stuff!! :thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good to know you got it together & mowing... Thanks for posting back... :smile:KennyV

cjohnsonmn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I cant believe I found this forum post on a google search for "kohler cylder bore chippedat bottom"... I have the exact same issue on a Kohler V-twin 22hp. I didnt notice the chipped cylinder skirt right way and had bought a cylinder/head rebuild kit last Fall. When I got around to the final teardown steps prior to starting rebuild today, I noticed the half-moon chip in the skirt and thought I was SOL. After reading this thread I'm instead going to go for the rebuild with this block. Thanks!