Unknow Year of Cub Cadet

b1mmuo27

Active Member
Engine is a Briggs & Stratton Model 407.777 Type 0128 E1 Code 001 023YG. Any one know what year this engine is from? I am looking to replace the starter on it. After my Dodge Cummins wouldn't boost it I think the starter is screwed. I replaced the starter solenoid two weeks ago. But my 4 month old battery will not hold a charge for the past 2 weeks I have been using my booster pack. But it died today after a couple of jump starts to the tractor. Finally nothing was able to boost it. Just a little smoke when I used the truck.
 
Engine made in October of 2000, MTD considers mowers manufactured in November and December as the next model year, so I would say you have a 2001 model.
 
Engine made in October of 2000, MTD considers mowers manufactured in November and December as the next model year, so I would say you have a 2001 model.

Thanks. The manufacture sticker is off the tractor. But a made is America sticker is on it. Would MTD still have made it? I thought MTD was Canadian.
 
Engine is a Briggs & Stratton Model 407.777 Type 0128 E1 Code 001 023YG. Any one know what year this engine is from? I am looking to replace the starter on it. After my Dodge Cummins wouldn't boost it I think the starter is screwed. I replaced the starter solenoid two weeks ago. But my 4 month old battery will not hold a charge for the past 2 weeks I have been using my booster pack. But it died today after a couple of jump starts to the tractor. Finally nothing was able to boost it. Just a little smoke when I used the truck.

Could you take the starter to an auto parts store and have it tested?
 
I have ran ohm testing on new versus damaged briggs starters to see what the difference was. New starter .1 ohms, bad starter .2 ohms. There is a way to test the briggs starters but is involves a vibratach and a shunt to test amp load and rpms.
 
Back
Top