Export thread

Unintelligent people.

M

moparjoe

Several years ago i used to work on (alot) of mowers and people wouldn't stop coming to me for help with their mower problems. One day this guy stops and buys a used push mower. He was shown how to start it. The next day he brings it back and tells me i sold him a piece of junk. He says he used it for 30 minutes and it quit and won't start. The first thing i did was check the fuel tank. I told him, you have to put gas in the tank. His response was, I FEEL SO STUPID. This guy was going to college, so much for education.

StarTech

StarTech

Sounds like my brother's boss that his mower quit and he couldn't start it so took a sledge hammer and beat the living hell out of it. Then he checked the gas tank. it was out fuel. So there is at least two idiots out there.

M

moparjoe

Sounds like my brother's boss that his mower quit and he couldn't start it so took a sledge hammer and beat the living hell out of it. Then he checked the gas tank. it was out fuel. So there is at least two idiots out there.
Priceless.

M

moparjoe

Priceless.
Back in the early 90's i had an old 3 horse briggs on a push mower. I took the head off and shaved it on concrete. It had so much compression, i had to stand on it with both feet and pull it with both hands to start it. I was dragracing and i put methanol in the tank and it ran great. I called a coworker over to try it and he pushed it as fast as he could and he couldn't kill it. A couple years later i took the camshaft out and welded bigger lobes on it and it had a lopey idle.

sgkent

sgkent

building a thread count

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

welcome aboard Moparjoe, Like the name (y)

G

GrumpyCat

Profit opportunity.

M

moparjoe

Thanks.

M

moparjoe

I had a couple 69 roadrunners i raced and a 73 dart sport with a 500 inch stroker on alcohol. The 1050 dominator was built by Ken Jones from walnut hill Illinois. I think this guy sleeps with a copy of national dragster under his pillow.

B

bertsmobile1

Nothing to do with mowers, but my definition of stupid
I was delivering 22,000 magazines to a building with no parking nor loading dock on a narrow street that I could not double park on .
So I was trollying them 200 a time from a block away .
Sitting on the corner were some black fellas strumming a guitar and having a bit of a sing song
The corner was next to a railway station used by university students who were going home en-mass .
It started to drizzle so the black fellas shifted their hats and the guitar player tilted the instrument so water would not enter the sound box and they continued their sing along .
The university students OTOH started to race to the station and one after the other , tripped, slipped & fell over to the point that 2 needed to be carted away by ambulance .
I am a bit chatty so was having a few words to the black fellas as I walked past .
As they were loading the woman who broke one of her high heels then broke her ankle into the waggon one of the black fellas looked at me saying "So universities teach people to be afraid of the rain ?"

M

moparjoe

I was delivering 22,000 magazines to a building with no parking nor loading dock on a narrow street that I could not double park on .
Sitting on the corner were some black fellas strumming a guitar and having a bit of a sing song
The corner was next to a railway station used by university students who were going home en-mass .
It started to drizzle so the black fellas shifted their hats and the guitar player tilted the instrument so water would not enter the sound box and they continued their sing along .
The university students OTOH started to race to the station and one after the other , tripped, slipped & fell over to the point that 2 needed to be carted away by ambulance .
I am a bit chatty so was having a few words to the black fellas as I walked past .
As they were loading the woman who broke one of her high heels then broke her ankle into the waggon one of the black fellas looked at me saying "So universities teach people to be afraid of the rain ?"
Kind of like pussy cats.

B

bertsmobile1

For a couple of years I delivered coffee to my old university
While it was out of my run , I got lumbered with it because I went there (30 years ago ) so I was supposed to naturally know my way around ( despite these being 8 new buildings and the roads totally rerouted.
The very dissapointing thing I noted was what the students wore & what they ate.
In my day it was 10c coffes between lectures from the vending machines and army surplus
Now days there were 5 branded coffee franchises selling $ 5 coffees & $ 10 cakes .
The students were wearing genuine high fashion clothing ( had Vogue for client so I can spot fakes at 100 paces ) .
And when they graduate they all whine about their $ 20,000 to $ 40,000 debt
My degree cost me $ 35,000 back in the 70's when graduate wages were $ 8,000 / pa

M

moparjoe

That reminds me of a coworker years ago, he tells me his pushmower wouldn't start yesterday so he beats it with a hammer. I said, matt, what the hell did you do that for, you know i work on mowers, all you had to do is bring it to me. Now you have to go buy another mower. He says he didn't care, it just made him feel better to do that. This is today's thought pattern, act first then think about it.

D

davis2

Trust me,tere are many more than two...

gamma_ray

gamma_ray

Just like learning basic things in life such as you can't melt in the rain and engines need gas, these things are usually taught at home at a young age.

R

Rdr202

Several years ago i used to work on (alot) of mowers and people wouldn't stop coming to me for help with their mower problems. One day this guy stops and buys a used push mower. He was shown how to start it. The next day he brings it back and tells me i sold him a piece of junk. He says he used it for 30 minutes and it quit and won't start. The first thing i did was check the fuel tank. I told him, you have to put gas in the tank. His response was, I FEEL SO STUPID. This guy was going to college, so much for education.
My brother in law bought a brand new String trimmer it came with a 50:1 bottle of oil. So he pours the little bottle of oil in the fuel tank (maybe holds a pint of fuel) then fills it with gas. He pull starts it and nothing but smoke. He then brings it back to the store and complains it's junk.

W

wolfey01

I just finished up getting an older Lawn Boy running for a friend of my sons. When I showed him that it would indeed run, I turned the lever on the back to "heavy", which of course increased the speed. He said, and I quote " why would turning the choke on increase the speed?" Someone told him that the speed lever was the choke. Explained why he said it took forever to get it started!

M

moparjoe

My brother in law bought a brand new String trimmer it came with a 50:1 bottle of oil. So he pours the little bottle of oil in the fuel tank (maybe holds a pint of fuel) then fills it with gas. He pull starts it and nothing but smoke. He then brings it back to the store and complains it's junk.
Apparently the manufacturer must have ran out of operator instruction booklets.

StarTech

StarTech

You know very well the first thing a operator does is to File 13 the instruction manuals.

L

lbrac

Sounds like he was one of the "educated beyond his level of intelligence" students.

2muchgrass2mow

He's obviously not college material . . .

upupandaway

upupandaway

I have a mower than ran before I sold it, it ran when I sold it to him. Now he tells me it doesn't run. The first thing, "gas" smells like paint solvent- the kind I use to regrip my golf clubs. I tell him and he says "nuh uh!!!".
I dump it, add gas, and it runs like a top again.

Maybe he should have tried a bottle of Absolute next time- he has a better chance of it running.

upupandaway

upupandaway

Sounds like he was one of the "educated beyond his level of intelligence" students.

I have it on a shirt.

Attachments

B

Beesnweeds

A guy told me his riding lawnmower was junk because when he tried to start it the starter would just whine. He thought the starter was shot and said I could have it. He bought a new one. I took it home and when I flipped open the hood he had the battery terminals backwards.

S

SamB

I like to say "If idiots were Indians, (Native Americans) I'd surely be General Custer!"
My next door neighbor cooling his garage with a window AC.

Attachments

M

moparjoe

I like to say "If idiots were Indians, (Native Americans) I'd surely be General Custer!"
With the recent stock decline of Anheuser Busch Inbev and target, how will you celebrate FDQCC day June 1st. Would you hire them to cut your lawn.

S

slomo

Joe Biden, Brah HA-HA-HA. That's my joke for the day!!

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

same 3 times this spring - put gas in a unit here to fix, it starts and runs - what a surprise!

M

Mannayr

Ain’t got no gas in it mmmhmmm.

M

moparjoe

I served in the army as a mechanic. The military accepts all kinds of stupid people. I witnessed this. One black guy refused a lieutenants order the get back to his work area. He recieved 90 days in a military prison, reduction to pay grade E-1 and a dishonorable discharge. He wanted half of his buddy's twinkie and he wouldn't give it to him. HE HAD 4 HOURS LEFT IN THE ARMY.

S

SamB

Carl

M

moparjoe

I have a mower than ran before I sold it, it ran when I sold it to him. Now he tells me it doesn't run. The first thing, "gas" smells like paint solvent- the kind I use to regrip my golf clubs. I tell him and he says "nuh uh!!!".
I dump it, add gas, and it runs like a top again.

Maybe he should have tried a bottle of Absolute next time- he has a better chance of it running.
Alot of people i have met especially in the military, the smarts waved bye bye to them. He must have been hit with the STUPID STICK.

StarTech

StarTech

The term that comes to mind is "Do what I said to do and you are not to think about it."

I had a boss once to do this to me. I was working on a $2000 calculator. He came by as I was trying to diagnois the problem. He said for to something and I said it will blow it up. Well he got mad and said "do it because I said to it, I paying you to do what I want and you are not to think differently.". Well it blew up and he end buying the customer another $2000 machine. Boy was he pissed. Never had an argument from him after that when I questioned something he wanted done.

M

moparjoe

According to him he was the brains of the operation or he needed a brain operation.

H

Honest Abe

1685193144080.png

W

wolfey01

Apparently the manufacturer must have ran out of operator instruction booklets.
We used to call that a "Code77". On the old OBD code readers, a code77 was "operator error"!

M

moparjoe

I'm wondering if he made it to work ok.

M

MowManMow

Welcome to the forum!
This is what I call an "Educated Idiot" and we have "MANY" walking around.

Fyi- Old Mopar man myself but sold my last one over health 3yrs ago, an original lady owned 69 Superbee. My daily driver well over a decade. One of the original 5000 N96 Ram Air/side scoop models.
Looked OEM down to the bones so I could still show its stock form but I built its 383 Magnum up some. Mopars 509 full race cam, Keith Black pistons & "secret" machining tricks by a race shop (Mopar Man too). 391 gears she was a super stop light runner, true seat gripper for passengers...lol Lope was absolutely beautiful 😍, drone your teeth lose at 55 up, God I miss it all!
Owned over 200 cars, idk # of Mopars, owned a bunch..lol
Peace

M

moparjoe

M

moparjoe

So much for intelligence. Guy comes to work, tells me his mower wouldn't start so he beats it with a sledgehammer. I said, Matt, what the hell did you do that for, you know I work on mowers. Now you have to buy another one. He says it made him feel good. I didn't even advertise and I had plenty of work. People coming from other counties needing help all because I didn't F them on a price.

M

moparjoe

Welcome to the forum!

Fyi- Old Mopar man myself but sold my last one over health 3yrs ago, an original lady owned 69 Superbee. My daily driver well over a decade. One of the original 5000 N96 Ram Air/side scoop models.
Looked OEM down to the bones so I could still show its stock form but I built its 383 Magnum up some. Mopars 509 full race cam, Keith Black pistons & "secret" machining tricks by a race shop (Mopar Man too). 391 gears she was a super stop light runner, true seat gripper for passengers...lol Lope was absolutely beautiful 😍, drone your teeth lose at 55 up, God I miss it all!
Peace
Back in 78 I was looking for a car. A guy at work had a 70 dodge challenge RT plum crazy 383 magnum. He purchased it new in 70. One night I tried to pass him and he was gone, he embarrassed me bad. I didn't buy it. He told me he sold it to a young kid and the kid hit a power pole sideways and screwed it up bad. That day he told me what happened, I seen tears come from a grown man. He loved that car.

S

SamB

Welcome to the forum!

Peace
Brother-in-law has a 1969 Superbee clone for sale 440 4 speed pistol grip shifter.

M

moparjoe

Brother-in-law has a 1969 Superbee clone for sale 440 4 speed pistol grip shifter.
I used to own a 69 roadrunner 383 4 speed. The 509 purple shaft cam is a sweet cam for any big block mopar. I also had a 73 dart sport. I built a 500 inch stroker, 14.5 diamond pistons, edelbrock victor heads with max wedge ports, erson special grind cam, 1050 alky dominator, 391 gears, 727, 3800 stall leaving off the foot brake at 2300 it got the wheels in the air. What a rush.

S

SamB

I used to own a 69 roadrunner 383 4 speed. The 509 purple shaft cam is a sweet cam for any big block mopar. I also had a 73 dart sport. I built a 500 inch stroker, 14.5 diamond pistons, edelbrock victor heads with max wedge ports, erson special grind cam, 1050 alky dominator, 391 gears, 727, 3800 stall leaving off the foot brake at 2300 it got the wheels in the air. What a rush.
But would it run OK on today's pump gas? BIL has to use 100+ AV gas.

C

cdestuck

Hap a guy drop off a mower, said he couldn’t even pull the starter rope. Suspecting hydro lock, I checked the oil dipstick. Normal. Flipped the mower over and found it was so full of dried grass, the blade wouldn’t mover a bit. Duh!!