Unintelligent people.

moparjoe

Threads
Several years ago i used to work on (alot) of mowers and people wouldn't stop coming to me for help with their mower problems. One day this guy stops and buys a used push mower. He was shown how to start it. The next day he brings it back and tells me i sold him a piece of junk. He says he used it for 30 minutes and it quit and won't start. The first thing i did was check the fuel tank. I told him, you have to put gas in the tank. His response was, I FEEL SO STUPID. This guy was going to college, so much for education.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sounds like my brother's boss that his mower quit and he couldn't start it so took a sledge hammer and beat the living hell out of it. Then he checked the gas tank. it was out fuel. So there is at least two idiots out there.

moparjoe

Threads
Sounds like my brother's boss that his mower quit and he couldn't start it so took a sledge hammer and beat the living hell out of it. Then he checked the gas tank. it was out fuel. So there is at least two idiots out there.
Priceless.

moparjoe

Threads
Priceless.
Back in the early 90's i had an old 3 horse briggs on a push mower. I took the head off and shaved it on concrete. It had so much compression, i had to stand on it with both feet and pull it with both hands to start it. I was dragracing and i put methanol in the tank and it ran great. I called a coworker over to try it and he pushed it as fast as he could and he couldn't kill it. A couple years later i took the camshaft out and welded bigger lobes on it and it had a lopey idle.

GrumpyCat

Threads
Profit opportunity.

moparjoe

Threads
I had a couple 69 roadrunners i raced and a 73 dart sport with a 500 inch stroker on alcohol. The 1050 dominator was built by Ken Jones from walnut hill Illinois. I think this guy sleeps with a copy of national dragster under his pillow.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nothing to do with mowers, but my definition of stupid
I was delivering 22,000 magazines to a building with no parking nor loading dock on a narrow street that I could not double park on .
So I was trollying them 200 a time from a block away .
Sitting on the corner were some black fellas strumming a guitar and having a bit of a sing song
The corner was next to a railway station used by university students who were going home en-mass .
It started to drizzle so the black fellas shifted their hats and the guitar player tilted the instrument so water would not enter the sound box and they continued their sing along .
The university students OTOH started to race to the station and one after the other , tripped, slipped & fell over to the point that 2 needed to be carted away by ambulance .
I am a bit chatty so was having a few words to the black fellas as I walked past .
As they were loading the woman who broke one of her high heels then broke her ankle into the waggon one of the black fellas looked at me saying "So universities teach people to be afraid of the rain ?"