Uneven mowing with Z225

MidwestSteve

Forum Newbie
Threads
Saw some other helpful posts here so decided I'd ask about my situation. Something with my Z225 is creating uneven mowing, so bad that when I mow I do a checkerboard pattern to even it out.

Deck measures level to the ground on all sides.

Any ideas?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You don't measure the deck height but the blade heights. Also all blades need not to be bent. Skirting can be at different heights than the blades themselves.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are probably on to something but most of this looks like typical 0-turn turf tire rutting. They are 2,000 plus pound machines compacting the snot out of the turf. Main reason I do not own a 0-turn. Well many more like impossible maintenance and so on. Don't forget the 300+lb person on board.

Go back to push mowers if you want a professional looking manicured lawn. Heck they even come with bags these days LOL. Buy another one for the wife. His and hers pushers, so romantic.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And to me they are tyre ruts not an uneven cut
Too low at the front or too high at the front then you get a pair of curves cut by each blade as the sides cut a different height to the front or back
Not balanced left right then you get a saw tooth pattern
You have square edged roughs and that is your tyres compressing the ground & flattening the grass .