Uneven cut

terrye

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub Cadet that has been leveled at the dealer, tires are correct air pressure the dealer adjusted the blades side to side and lowered the front to rear by 1/4 inch. Brought the mower back and it still cuts lower on the left side. Any idea what could cause this?
My lawn does have a slight slope.
Any help would be appreciated.
Terrye

enigma-2

Threads
Blades out of balance? Spindles worn? Deck hanging hardware bent or worn?
Tractor frame leans to one side (I had this happen to a tractor i owned, tractor leaned to the left about a qtr inch because i always mounted the unit from the left side. Body weight all on one leg put too much stress on frame).

OldDiyer

Threads
Seen your reply enigma-2 and was wondering how you corrected the tractor from leaning because you mounted the tractor from that side? I have a Craftsman that I have been having such a problem so just how did you straighten it out to sit correctly? Thanks

enigma-2

Threads
In my case, I was never able to fix it. The frame took the slight warp to the left. Tried repeatedly bouncing up and down on the right, nothing. Steel too thin on frame. Sorry, no help.

Lawn Addict
Threads
dealer adjusted the blades side to side and lowered the front to rear by 1/4 inch. Brought the mower back and it still cuts lower on the left side.
Sit on mower & have someone check deck for correct pitch & level. Adjust accordingly..

smhardesty

Threads
I had a similar problem with my Craftsman T140 when I first got it. I must have checked the left to right adjustment a dozen times. Every time I did it, it looked nearly perfect while in the garage on a nice, level concrete floor, but when I went out and mowed, it was still slightly off. I finally ignored the normal and usual method of leveling and deliberately gave an extra 1/2" to the lower side. It worked. I got that tidbit from an old time mower repair guy in this area. He said that a lot of the MTD and other middle of the road mowers just allowed the deck to pull "cockeyed" to one side under load because of slightly inferior construction materials. That's not a jab at any of the machines or their owners. It's just an observation an old timer had made. It worked for me. Just compensate for the amount of unevenness and set the deck slightly slanted.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Also the dealer might not have checked for a bent deck.

smhardesty

Threads
Also the dealer might not have checked for a bent deck.
Man! I never even thought about that. Yes, that is entirely possible. It could have had a slight bend at production level or it could have been bent slightly during transportation or even during installation by the selling dealer. Good thought, StarTech!